PDA

View Full Version : Merge beta HH problem

Taxi
09-28-2010, 04:46 PM
Hi

I've got the latest HM beta but there seems to be a problem as far as Merge's HH's are concerned.
I've cc'd an email I've sent to them, to you, just to let you know, but it seems the problem is with their new 5.0 beta version writing HH's wrong.

Here's an example:

In this hand, I raise preflop to 0.14 and a player re-raises to 0.60
The blinds fold and its on me, I make a re-raise of $1.86, to a total of $2.00 and the player folds.
Now the total size of the pot is:
Blinds 0.02 + 0.04
My raise 0.14
Players re-raise 0.60
My re-raise for 1.86 to a total of 2.00
Total 2.66

However
In your hand histories, it says my re-re-raise is to 1.86, and not by 1.86, and so the line <winner amount="2.52" ....... > should read 2.66, so I am missing 0.14, or my initial raise.

I've attached a screen shot of your hand history re-player, where it says I took 2.52 and not 2.66 as it should say, and also of the hand history, where the winner amount line is incorrect

Just to let you know, but its def a problem on their end, because the totals are wrong on their own replayer. In HM it shows up 0.14 short and HM puts that in as rake I think.

Taxi

Taxi
09-30-2010, 03:11 AM
OK so I spoke to RPM Poker (my Merge skin) and they say their hand histories are correct and they don't count the original opening raise as part of the pot for some wtf reason.

Anyway so in HM that hand shows up as me winning 0.52 and not 0.66 and Merge say they aren't going to change them.

I can send hand histories if you need them.

Taxi

netsrak
09-30-2010, 04:38 AM
Please zip and mail the original handhistory files (you find them in the HM archive folder or in the handhistory folder of your poker client) together with a link to this thread and an explanation of the problem to support@holdemmanager.net. We will then try to reproduce the problem.

Taxi
09-30-2010, 05:28 AM
Done :) Thank you!

Taxi
10-01-2010, 03:18 AM
Merge are now saying my HH is all correct, and that I re-raised to 1.86 total, not 2.00 total.
I fairly sure I re-raised to 2.00 total, and that is how HM interprets the hand history - I think ill record a session tonight and see whats what, there is still some discrepancy between HM (and PT) and my cashier.

Taxi
10-01-2010, 09:59 PM
Ok just played a nice long session, according to cashier up $148.90 according to HM up only $106.65

HM is always lower, and it seems to be proportionally so, the more hands I play the more the difference is.

Got plenty of HH's if you need them, I can dig out a few specific examples if you need them too.

Taxi

netsrak
10-02-2010, 08:13 AM
Yep, please mail them

Taxi
10-02-2010, 11:26 AM
OK, I've sent you an email with a file with last nights session, and also put some specific examples in the email, it appears to be a problem when a player makes a raise having already put some money in the pot (e.g raising from the blinds)

Taxi

Taxi
10-16-2010, 12:17 PM
Bump

Any progress with this?

Cheers

Taxi

lvkajunkid
10-16-2010, 02:54 PM
Same here. At one point in my session HEM said I was down $2600 when I was actually down about $1100. I ended the session losing $46 and HEM says I lost $364. I am running 1.11.05 Beta 18 and playing on FeltStars. Also, per an email I already sent, the HUD is working correctly but I have to use the Table Manager to get HUD on each table.

netsrak
10-17-2010, 06:40 AM
As long as the new merge software is a beta we are not putting to much develop effort into it as the handhistory files may change randomly. As soon as its final we will adjust the parser.

Hakuryu
10-17-2010, 04:54 PM
I have the same issue. Not with the BETA version but with the current stable software of PlayersOnly (Merge). This is really odd, I hope this will get fixed soon.

Taxi
10-17-2010, 05:56 PM
As long as the new merge software is a beta we are not putting to much develop effort into it as the handhistory files may change randomly. As soon as its final we will adjust the parser.

Ok, seems fair enough, however....

I have the same issue. Not with the BETA version but with the current stable software of PlayersOnly (Merge). This is really odd, I hope this will get fixed soon.

It didn't occur to me to see if the same problem existed in the old software, I've never used it :o
I just assumed the old software was ok. Ill try the old software tomorrow and see what happens.

I hope I can export the old hands and re import them so they are correct, I want me graph to point the right way dammit :D

MxGucci
10-17-2010, 09:57 PM
On October 14th, my Merge software crashed on me, after restarting it, it made an update and restarted itself. After the update, my HM is not tracking statistics correctly.

Rake is off the charts for the few sessions I played after the update. My winnings/losses are incorrect, EV is incorrect, rake is totally wrong. I opened the hand histories, I cannot notice anything wrong but there has got to be some sort of mess up in their recent update for the carbon software.

Can HM get onto trying to figuring out what happened?? All hands prior to update are perfectly fine and accurate, however since the update, everything else is just messed up.

I didn't spend $$ on HM for it to give me false information.

Please adhere to the bug and fix it asap.

Regards,
Gucci

MxGucci
10-17-2010, 10:16 PM
So just had some guy play me 1 hand, in a HU .50-1 NL game, which is good cause now I can paste what HM did to the hand. Here is the hand played out: (sorry for the coding, this is straight from the h.h. file carbon had): [edit :: the hand history file codes were not allowed to be shown on this forum, so going to paste the hand history from client]

//
You Were Dealt (8h, 5h)
Sh11pIt Raised to $2.00
Skywise21 Calls $1.00
Dealing Flop (Kh,4d,6s)
Skywise21 Checks
Sh11pIt Checks
Dealing Turn (3c)
Skywise21 Bets $4.00
Sh11pIt Calls $4.00
Dealing River (Kc)
Skywise21 Bets $12.00
Sh11pIt Folds
Skywise21 Wins $23.50 from Pot 1
Skywise21 Sits Out
Skywise21 Leaves

<game id="28589370-3" starttime="20101017210538" numholecards="2" gametype="2" realmoney="true" data="20101017|Yosemite (Heads Up) (28589370)|28589370|28589370-3|false">
<players dealer="0">
<player seat="1" nickname="Skywise21" balance="$100.00" dealtin="true" />
<player seat="0" nickname="Sh11pIt" balance="$100.00" dealtin="true" />
</players>
<round id="BLINDS" sequence="1">
<event sequence="1" type="SMALL_BLIND" timestamp="1287367542417" player="0" amount="0.50"/>
<event sequence="2" type="BIG_BLIND" timestamp="1287367542644" player="1" amount="1.00"/>
</round>
<round id="PREFLOP" sequence="2">
<event sequence="3" type="RAISE" timestamp="1287367545097" player="0" amount="2.00"/>
<event sequence="4" type="CALL" timestamp="1287367548257" player="1" amount="1.00"/>
<cards type="HOLE" cards="8h,5h" player="0" hand="Eight High"/>
</round>
<round id="POSTFLOP" sequence="3">
<event sequence="5" type="CHECK" timestamp="1287367551293" player="1"/>
<event sequence="6" type="CHECK" timestamp="1287367552208" player="0"/>
<cards type="COMMUNITY" cards="Kh,4d,6s" hand="King High"/>
</round>
<round id="POSTTURN" sequence="4">
<event sequence="7" type="BET" timestamp="1287367555764" player="1" amount="4.00"/>
<event sequence="8" type="CALL" timestamp="1287367557164" player="0" amount="4.00"/>
<cards type="COMMUNITY" cards="Kh,4d,6s,3c" hand="King High"/>
</round>
<round id="POSTRIVER" sequence="5">
<event sequence="9" type="BET" timestamp="1287367560578" player="1" amount="12.00"/>
<event sequence="10" type="FOLD" timestamp="1287367561775" player="0"/>
<cards type="COMMUNITY" cards="Kh,4d,6s,3c,Kc" hand="Pair of Kings"/>
</round>
<round id="END_OF_FOLDED_GAME" sequence="6">
<event sequence="11" type="MUCK" timestamp="1287367564120" player="1"/>
<winner amount="23.50" uncalled="false" potnumber="1" player="1" pottype="n"/>
</round>
<round id="END_OF_GAME" sequence="7">
</round>
</game>

To summarize, I min raised to $2 preflop (opponent called) so $4 in the pot, flop was checked, turn he bet $4, i called so now pot is $12.. river he bet out $12 and I folded.

Rake was capped once the pot reached $10+ at .50 cents, and he took down $11.50 (+ $12 of his uncalled bet, so a $23.50 pot)..

I lost $6 in that hand, of which 0.25 should have gone to the capped rake (for my half of the pot).

HM reported $ as -$6.50 (how?!?) and rake as $0.33 (how?!?!).. rake just flew up 0.08 for no reason, and my loss had an extra $1 in on it. I wonder what happens for every hand, but this is just so confusing.

HELP!?

lvkajunkid
10-17-2010, 10:38 PM
I'm having the same problem. I am not using the beta software on Merge (not by choice at least) but it hasn't been updating correctly for the last few days. During the import it says there are duplicate hands and all my numbers are wrong. I am playing on both FeltStars (Merge) and FullTilt simultaneously. My FullTilt stats are exactly right. I was told that my HEM is corrupt, but thats hard to believe since my FullTilt stats are importing and showing up perfectly fine. Please look into this problem.

MxGucci
10-17-2010, 11:42 PM
I'm having the same problem. I am not using the beta software on Merge (not by choice at least) but it hasn't been updating correctly for the last few days.

also note I am not using beta either, I tried it once and it kept crashing so I avoid using it.

I might be able to share a little info, I checked stats every hand, and was noticing if I folded preflop (in a HU cash game) it was still charging me like 0.06 in rake for some odd reason. I am thinking there is a bug where its taking extra rake of 0.08 maybe? Not too sure but PLEASE fix this. IT IS RUINING MY WINNINGS, EV, RAKE!!

lvkajunkid
10-18-2010, 01:41 AM
I notice when its importing mine says that duplicate hands are importing. Now, its weird, sometimes it will say something like 4 hands imports, 251 duplicate hands imported.
The weird thing is my stats are EXACTLY RIGHT for FullTilt while playing, but just not FeltStars (Merge).
After several emails with "Morny", I was told my database is corrupt and I need to create a new one.
If I have to do that I will, but why would FullTilt still import perfectly but Merge not. It seems like HEM is having a problem reading the Merge HH's correctly, rather than having a corrupt database.
Not sure what to do now......

Taxi
10-18-2010, 03:14 AM
I've isolated one particular instance of the bug, and told HM.
This is for the beta version, I don't know about the stable version as I haven't played on it yet.

It goes something like this.

Hero's in the blinds, and btn raises, now when hero 3bets, the Merge HH states the amount hero 3bets to, but HM interprets this as the amount 3bet by and adds this onto the blind.

Now once the player calls and the pot goes into the middle, the pot size in HM is correct (I think,) but your stack size has had an extra big blind taken from it. HM interprets the money missing as being extra rake I think.
You'll also notice if you go all in and lose the hand it will say Hero wins -$1.50 or something, this is the money that's missing (the money is missing anyway, but it only states it in the HH if you are all in.)

This happens post flop too if someone b3b's.
Try it at microstakes and see, I just minraised constantly, you'll get in a minraising war (lol) with someone eventually, and where the raise sizes should go up 0.04 - 0.08 - 0.12 - 0.16 etc according to HM they go up 0.04 - 0.08 - 0.16 - 0.24 - 0.36 etc etc

DepressedEmoKid
10-18-2010, 03:18 AM
I am having what sounds like the same problem a lot of others are having. My stats have been very inaccurate. I will be up $700 at a table, and the hud will tell me im down $200. I will be down $1700 on the day, and the report will tell me I'm down $2700. I don't know enough about the software to know what it is doing wrong, but something is not right.

Hakuryu
10-18-2010, 04:04 AM
I've isolated one particular instance of the bug, and told HM.
This is for the beta version, I don't know about the stable version as I haven't played on it yet.

You are probably right, there seems to be more than one issue with the HHs. But me and a couple of others hijacked this thread to use it for all different kinds of errors connected with the Merge network. I hope you don't mind as the other problems will affect you too, I assume. :)

Let's hope that someone from HM will notice the issue and correct it asap. This is really bad. :/

netsrak
10-18-2010, 04:18 AM
For hand problems with the stable Merge software and HM 1.11.05 Please zip and mail the original handhistory files (you find them in the HM archive folder or in the handhistory folder of your poker client) together with a link to this thread and an explanation of the problem to support@holdemmanager.net. We will then try to reproduce the problem.

MxGucci
10-18-2010, 02:50 PM
FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT!!

I just sent support an e-mail, hope you guys can patch this up asap and send us a personal update so we can start to update our stats.

It is a pain in the eyes to see I am down when I should be up, and I am dropping hundreds in rake which is impossible to do so.

muckotheclown
10-18-2010, 09:23 PM
This has caused severe emotional trauma and heavy drinking when it says I have lost 100s of $$$$$$$$s that I haven't. This is Merge gaming only. Please fix ASAP please.

muckotheclown
10-18-2010, 10:51 PM
In pots that are chopped HU where rake is .50 it'll give one person as paying .25 and the other paying 2.50, or something similar. I see this in the HUD when it flashes the net win/loss. If had me as losing the $2+ . If this type of error happens each hand then it could easily explain the discrepancies I am seeing.

morny
10-18-2010, 11:34 PM
Thanks but this will take a few days at the very least to fix but we will look into this asap, right now i cant give an ETA on when it will be fixed

MxGucci
10-20-2010, 05:03 PM
Any update? I sent support an email over 4 days ago, no reply.

This is horrible customer service. We pay $$ to use HM for its services which you assure, but now the program is not functioning to our satisfaction.

Just because MERGE might be a low traffic poker server doesn't give you the right to put the issue below other high traffic rooms.

morny
10-21-2010, 01:03 AM
Hi,

sorry to hear your unhappy and for the inconvenience caused by this, Merge released a new update which is causing the problem, we are working on this and it will take some time but well get it done as quick as possible, in the meantime if anyone else has this issue send the hands to support as the more hands we have the better.

MxGucci
10-21-2010, 01:10 AM
Merge released a new update which is causing the problem, we are working on this and it will take some time but well get it done as quick as possible

I just was wondering if MERGE did this on purpose to block us from using HUD's? Have you been in touch with MERGE support staff? I sense as if this was done to exploit us from having insignificant statistics so we eventually stop using them? But then again, when HM didn't support MERGE, I would use a MERGE converter, it basically would take the MERGE H.H. and make it a PARTYPOKER type of H.H., I tried it the old way and the statistics are even worse with that method.

Just hope this can be solved ASAP, I have numerous regulars that are going on life tilt thinking they are down huge this month, LOL.

Any information you can reveal to us as to how long it might take for you to fix this issue, is it even fixable? Did you figure out the cause?

Thanks

lihan
10-21-2010, 05:43 PM
I'm using normal carbon poker client (not beta) and getting bugs. one of the bugs i noticed was raise sizes are not calculated properly. in one hand i raise to $7, someone 3bets me to $24, and i 4bet to $56, but in the replayer it says i am 4betting to $63.

muckotheclown
10-21-2010, 07:11 PM
I just was wondering if MERGE did this on purpose to block us from using HUD's? Have you been in touch with MERGE support staff? I sense as if this was done to exploit us from having insignificant statistics so we eventually stop using them? But then again, when HM didn't support MERGE, I would use a MERGE converter, it basically would take the MERGE H.H. and make it a PARTYPOKER type of H.H., I tried it the old way and the statistics are even worse with that method.

Just hope this can be solved ASAP, I have numerous regulars that are going on life tilt thinking they are down huge this month, LOL.

Any information you can reveal to us as to how long it might take for you to fix this issue, is it even fixable? Did you figure out the cause?

Thanks

I think all the other stats are ok though. So your HUD should work, I still use HUD just removed my carbon account from the alias. It is only numerical differences in bet sizes and not actions. Doubtful Merge did it intentionally, it is a really minor thing to fix compared to things they could do.

woopstash
10-22-2010, 12:32 AM
I'm having problems too. I lost an all-in pot vs a guy that we were $90.50 deep effective. HEM shows me losing $116 when that's obviously impossible. The replayer is def. having problems with the hand as when i shove the turn, it shows my balance at -$20.14.

I'm using the standard version of Merge (not beta) but there have been updates as mentioned in this thread. I'll email the HH to support.

morny
10-22-2010, 02:53 AM
Yeah they seem to have made several changes, were getting some import errors, some hi low omaha hands are just being ignored and also incorrect amounts in the replayer as mentioned. Were working on this but please keep sending more hand histories in case there is other issues we haven't spotted(only send hands with problems not all your hands if possible)

muckotheclown
10-24-2010, 02:25 PM
Yeah they seem to have made several changes, were getting some import errors, some hi low omaha hands are just being ignored and also incorrect amounts in the replayer as mentioned. Were working on this but please keep sending more hand histories in case there is other issues we haven't spotted(only send hands with problems not all your hands if possible)

Im pretty sure every HH has problems, so sending in a ton of them isn't that productive. When is a beta going to be released that we can try it out ?

MxGucci
10-24-2010, 03:18 PM
this is just wrong that it's taken over 2 weeks and still not a word on what the problem is or if it will be fixed. i honestly don't think HM support staff is working on this issue. now i know why poker tracker users love their support team. i want a refund.

netsrak
10-25-2010, 03:43 AM
We are working on it but there are some other things to fix too (see the ongame threads). So it will need some time.

For a refund please contact sales@holdemmanager.com

muckotheclown
10-26-2010, 05:01 PM
So is there any vague time frame available to give us as to when a beta/attempt at fixing this might be made available to us ? Will this thread be updated ? Should I check elsewhere ?

morny
10-26-2010, 09:47 PM
Hi,

we should have this fixed soon but i cant narrow it down much more than that and as soon as we have a more definitive timeframe well announce it.

morny
10-29-2010, 09:39 PM
Just to keep people updated there were several big changes they made so there is a lot of work involved, lots of testing going on but there is still more testing and parsing to be done, we had several other big bugs and had to go ahead and release another update for those people, we could have held back this update until Merge was ready but i don't think that would make sense to keep everyone else waiting when it just wasnt ready. Theres no point in putting out an update that fixes half the issues and then have everyone have to delete and reimport their hands again a couple of days later to fix the other half.

We will make another update as soon as the Merge fixes are ready and as i mentioned in another thread we originally thought the errors being reported were from the Beta site because we had been regularly getting those sent to support so it took a couple of days before we realised they had pushed the beta changes out which obviously delayed this further. If this was just a couple of changes we would have had this fixed by now but as you know there were quite a few updates and several of them are wrong calculations which are much more difficult to fix that standard parsing errors, ill let you know when ive more information

MxGucci
10-30-2010, 02:47 PM
This is what i mean by pushing merge aside on your updates just because the site has low traffic. This is horrible customer service. You just realized we were not speaking of the beta software? Are you kidding me? We've posted numerous posts above stating this is not the beta software, we all sent in our hand histories noting it is not of the beta software. Hate this bullsh*t.

muckotheclown
10-30-2010, 05:23 PM
Well at least they're being truthful about giving merge lower priority. It is to be expected I suppose, given how development works.

Please continue to update this thread as I have it bookmarked waiting for Merge issues to be fixed. Thank you.

morny
10-30-2010, 06:16 PM
This is what i mean by pushing merge aside on your updates just because the site has low traffic. This is horrible customer service. You just realized we were not speaking of the beta software? Are you kidding me? We've posted numerous posts above stating this is not the beta software, we all sent in our hand histories noting it is not of the beta software. Hate this bullsh*t.

we originally thought the errors being reported were from the Beta site because we had been regularly getting those sent to support so it took a couple of days before we realised they had pushed the beta changes out which obviously delayed this further.

I did say that we didnt realise it was the beta originally for a few days i.e we got a delayed start not that we only just realised now, we have been working on this already for over a week. This was a more difficult problem to fix than the others so it took longer, i only came in here to keep you updated of the progress, we cannot control when sites release updates and the reality is sites will do this regularly we can only try and fix it as quick as we can, small updates take a short time to fix and big updates take longer.

Of course we prioritise bugs but i dont remember mentioning anything about lower priority, a big bug like this gets top priority but that doesnt mean we ignore other bugs and it doesn't mean it can be fixed immediately because bigger bugs = longer time to fix and it just means we put more resources into working on that, right now Merge has high priority, it still was all week while we were working on it but there is still more work to be done, had there been no other bugs we might have been closer to releasing an update but it still might not have been ready. There is always someone else's bug that is lower on the priority list or that took longer than what they wanted so no matter what we do we cant win but we try our best.

MxGucci
11-04-2010, 02:59 PM
Its been over 20 days now. Any updates coming forth? Can you give us some details as to which bugs you have discovered and have fixed. What is giving you a hard time in figuring out? Did you try contacting MERGE network to see if they would be able to help you out??

Efficiency is Creditability.

morny
11-04-2010, 08:17 PM
Ill follow this up and let you know where we are.

morny
11-06-2010, 08:07 PM
Can anyone interested in testing the internal version of this please contact support@holdemmanager.com with the subject Att Morny: Merge testers and ill inform you when i have a version ready to test, since theres a few bugs well probably need extra testing to make sure we havent missed any.

Im particularly looking for people who know their specific bug, so if you've the one where the raises get calculated wrong or if you get import errors etc just let me know that in the email so i can get a tester for each type of bug

woopstash
11-12-2010, 10:52 PM
FYI for those who aren't aware, the 1.11.05b release fixed the issue.
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/releases/37579-1-11-05b-official-release.html

dragon1893
11-16-2010, 04:23 PM
maybe stupid question, but should i reupload hh's that showed errors?

what i mean is if there's any way to fix the results i had previous months due to the beta hh problem?

netsrak
11-17-2010, 05:11 AM
Yes, please rename the files and import them again.
Or you can create a new database and import them into this database.