PDA

View Full Version : Backup/Restore

deejaypee
09-27-2010, 07:35 PM
I've just done a backup and restore on to another PC, but all my HEM notes are missing, is this normal. Everything else transferred OK configs/auto-rate etc.
Help is needed as it's taken me ages to compile these notes and to transfer each note individually will take forever.

netsrak
09-28-2010, 05:26 AM
Which backup/restore method did you use?
If you backup the database and restore it on the new computer there should be nothing missing.

deejaypee
09-28-2010, 12:15 PM
Did it using the HM backup/restore function. downloaded HM on to my new PC then chose backup/restore and restored the database that way. the database was transfered using a usb stick. I still have the file. Do I need to do the whole process again?

B-Money
09-28-2010, 12:41 PM
HM Notes are stored in the postgres data files. The testing we've done had notes come over, but I'm not ruling out a problem here. Lots of different postgres versions and installs so it wouldn't surprise me if it failed to import notes. Really odd though because the database came over and notes are in the postgres database. Did you get any errors in the output window after doing the restore?

One other thing I would do is copy the data on your USB stick to your desktop or something, then do the restore. Data coming off a USB drive is slow and a process might have timed out?

deejaypee
09-28-2010, 01:19 PM
One other thing I would do is copy the data on your USB stick to your desktop or something, then do the restore. Data coming off a USB drive is slow and a process might have timed out?

I did copy it onto my desktop before doing the restore.
I'm running pqs 8.4 and the newest HEM. Got no errors also.

Should I just do the whole process again?

deejaypee
09-28-2010, 01:46 PM
It seems to be working now, got the notes for one player at my table in view, so the rest should be there.
Thanks for your help.