PDA

View Full Version : purging hands

curtains
09-27-2010, 02:44 AM
Hello, whenever I try to purge hands from the observed HH section, my HoldemManager just freezes and nothing happens ever. I try to purge for just one day to test and make sure it's not something to do with the amount that I'm trying to purge, and 30 minutes later it's still completely unresponsive. Any idea what's wrong? Thanks!

PS - Also despite months of asking and promises of it being fixed months ago, FullTilt shallow tables are still completely ignored in the table scanner! I've posted this information a few times the last month or two without even an acknowledgment. (in case I'm doing something wrong..)

netsrak
09-28-2010, 05:39 AM
Could you please try Options->settings->purge hands instead?

Are you using any additional security software?

For the shallow tables: we just tested it with 1.11.05 Beta 16 ( http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Holdem_Manager_Beta.exe ) and for us it seems to work.

curtains
09-28-2010, 02:27 PM
Wouldn't purging hands result in the stats being gone from the HUD? I wanted to use the option that would keep stats appearing in the HUD? Am I confused?

curtains
09-28-2010, 02:40 PM
Could you please try Options->settings->purge hands instead?

Are you using any additional security software?

For the shallow tables: we just tested it with 1.11.05 Beta 16 ( http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Holdem_Manager_Beta.exe ) and for us it seems to work.

Also the shallow tables just don't seem to work at all. When I set it for shallow tables in the format, it says there are no tables. When I set it for default, it just shows the default tables. I use instascan only. When I check all options, it still fails to show any shallow tables. Any idea what I need to do? Thanks

netsrak
09-29-2010, 03:35 AM
purge - both options do the same thing

shallow - can you please post a screenshot of your settings, the result and the stars lobby?

curtains
09-29-2010, 11:58 AM
purge - both options do the same thing

shallow - can you please post a screenshot of your settings, the result and the stars lobby?

Ok I just want absolute confirmation:

When you purge hands, the stats remain?

It says that the "hands will no longer be included in report results however will still appear in HUD stats for the time being until the Cache Rebuilder is completed." That makes it sound like the stats will disappear eventually from the HUD when I get rid of the hands. Am I misreading/misunderstanding that? It sounded pretty clear that the stats DON'T get deleted when I went to the Purge Observed hand histories page, as it quotes "this does not remove any of the stats from any of the deleted hand history hands".

They are both seemingly saying opposite things about what will happen to the stats from the hands in question....

curtains
09-29-2010, 12:04 PM
Ok I just want absolute confirmation:

When you purge hands, the stats remain?

It says that the "hands will no longer be included in report results however will still appear in HUD stats for the time being until the Cache Rebuilder is completed." That makes it sound like the stats will disappear eventually from the HUD when I get rid of the hands. Am I misreading/misunderstanding that? It sounded pretty clear that the stats DON'T get deleted when I went to the Purge Observed hand histories page, as it quotes "this does not remove any of the stats from any of the deleted hand history hands".

They are both seemingly saying opposite things about what will happen to the stats from the hands in question....

I'm not so good with screenshots but I cannot imagine what it could possibly be that you could see on a screenshot. I have 6 max set, I have NL set and I have Pokerstars+FullTilt set. I don't have any other boxes checked. Then when I mess around with the format boxes, no matter what I check or don't check, no combination of these ever brings up shallow tables, only the regular and CAP tables. It used to work fine until an update messed it up, and then an admin here admitted to the issue and said they would work on it.

netsrak
09-30-2010, 04:24 AM
purge - the stats remain there until the cache rebuilder... we have no cache rebuilder at the moment so the stats remain active. I did use this purge function until about 6 month ago and i can acknowledge that the stats are not deleted.

scanner - which HM version are you using? As i said above you need the latest beta http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Holdem_Manager_Beta.exe

curtains
09-30-2010, 11:40 AM
purge - the stats remain there until the cache rebuilder... we have no cache rebuilder at the moment so the stats remain active. I did use this purge function until about 6 month ago and i can acknowledge that the stats are not deleted.

scanner - which HM version are you using? As i said above you need the latest beta http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Holdem_Manager_Beta.exe

I have the newest beta 1.11.05 beta 16.

I assume if a cache rebuilder ever exists, it will be optional :)

hmo7
10-01-2010, 12:21 AM
"Hello, whenever I try to purge hands from the observed HH section, my HoldemManager just freezes and nothing happens ever."
I've got exactly the same problem. I get "(Not responding)" at the top of the window. I installed 1.11.05 beta 17 - same result. I'm using postgresql 8.4 installed manually.

Patvs
10-01-2010, 02:33 AM
Most likely you just have to wait.
If you're purging a lot of hands... it can take 5-25 minutes, and it seems the program is not responding in that time.

Until it suddenly unfreezes.

The same thing happens if you manually work in pgadminIII (doing a backup/restore) it will display "program is not responding" while in fact it's still working.

Check your harddisk activity LED/light, if it's still blinking, the program has NOT frozen.

hmo7
10-01-2010, 10:02 PM
"Most likely you just have to wait."
You were right. Works fine.

curtains
10-07-2010, 02:02 PM
When I purge hands it works totally fine, but when I try to delete the observed HHs it stalls forever and never works.

Also many people on this site say that purging directly DOES affect the stats (there are quite a few threads that say exactly this), so I really don't know who is right.

As well, I have no idea how to vacuum the database. When I goto POSTSQRL and follow the directions, vacuuming the exact database name that I use, it does some little thing that takes about 30 seconds (a bunch of text scrolls down the screen really fast) and then nothing new ever happens, nor does it seem like the computer is working in any way whatsoever. I've left it open for a a few hours while eating, and it seems as though nothing is happening at all. Note that somehow I have POSTSQL 8.2 and 8.3 installed so when I open PGADMIN3 they are both listed.

Patvs
10-07-2010, 02:45 PM
1) settings---> purge
2) settings--> observed HH configuration---> purge

1 deletes hands / stats / EVERYTHING
2 deletes the possibility to REPLAY the hand (and view the handhistory)

---

In dbcontrolpanel.exe (Database Management) to which portnumber does it connect??

Now go to pgadminIII--> connect to the same port--> find your database (not "postgres" but the name of your main HoldemManager database)
Rightclick--> Maintenance--> full vacuum + analyse

How many players are in your database?
Also is there a specific reason you're using SQL 8.2/8.3... is this because you're a longtime HM user, of because SQL 8.4 didn't run on your PC?

curtains
10-07-2010, 02:53 PM
I didn't know there was an 8.4 yet. I am a longtime HM user.

I find the database but nothing happens basically. This is the same thing I've always been doing. My file is named default, and I go to Databases, expand it, find "default" right click it and press vacuum, and the whole process seems to be done in 30 seconds.

I have no idea how to connect to a port number from pgadmin3, however my port number for my databases is 5432

curtains
10-07-2010, 02:58 PM
The following is the text that's displayed where it stops doing anything when I do the vacuum. Am I supposed to just leave it and wait even longer than I have tried or is something wrong?:

INFO: "actiontypes": scanned 1 of 1 pages, containing 90 live rows and 0 dead rows; 90 rows in sample, 90 estimated total rows
INFO: vacuuming "public.pokersites"
INFO: "pokersites": found 0 removable, 20 nonremovable row versions in 1 pages
DETAIL: 0 dead row versions cannot be removed yet.
Nonremovable row versions range from 51 to 59 bytes long.
There were 16 unused item pointers.
Total free space (including removable row versions) is 6868 bytes.
0 pages are or will become empty, including 0 at the end of the table.
1 pages containing 6868 free bytes are potential move destinations.
CPU 0.00s/0.00u sec elapsed 0.00 sec.
INFO: index "pokersites_pkey" now contains 20 row versions in 2 pages
DETAIL: 0 index row versions were removed.
0 index pages have been deleted, 0 are currently reusable.
CPU 0.00s/0.00u sec elapsed 0.00 sec.
INFO: "pokersites": moved 0 row versions, truncated 1 to 1 pages
DETAIL: CPU 0.00s/0.00u sec elapsed 0.00 sec.
INFO: analyzing "public.pokersites"
INFO: "pokersites": scanned 1 of 1 pages, containing 20 live rows and 0 dead rows; 20 rows in sample, 20 estimated total rows

Patvs
10-08-2010, 05:02 AM
How many players are in your database?
(What does HoldemManager display for [Players])
SQL 9.0.1 also has just been released.

Download and install it from PostgreSQL: The world's most advanced open source database (http://www.postgresql.org), install it to port 5433
and reimport your hands into a new database