PDA

View Full Version : performance

FacePlant the Felt
10-27-2008, 11:56 PM
The last couple of updates have really slowed the reports queries. 1364 hands played today and it takes 23 seconds to retrieve "last 100 hands"?
The DB has 140k total hands. I defrag and vacuum analyze once a week.
:confused:
1.06.04 beta 14

jam72
10-28-2008, 03:50 AM
Try Options -> Hands View Column Selector-> remove WinnerCards.

FacePlant the Felt
10-28-2008, 07:49 AM
Try Options -> Hands View Column Selector-> remove WinnerCards.

No difference. :(

morny
10-28-2008, 09:01 AM
What kind of specs has your PC?

FacePlant the Felt
10-28-2008, 12:16 PM

Celeron 2.7 GHZ
1GB RAM

FacePlant the Felt
10-28-2008, 03:44 PM

Using PGAdmin i used the "FULL" option and it seems to be back to normal Morny.

Thanks for the reply.

FacePlant the Felt
10-31-2008, 12:13 AM
UPDATE

After 1700 hands today the performance was down.:(
Again i had to use PgAdmin to run a FULL vacuum to get back to normal.

Any suggestions why i'm having to do this on a daily basis?

Thx

morny
10-31-2008, 12:55 AM
Someone mentioned Beta 16+ have noticed performance improvements, can you try that version http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate1.06.04beta.exe and see if there is an improvement, shouldnt have to vacuum after that many hands so well look into this if that dosent help

FacePlant the Felt
10-31-2008, 10:46 AM
Someone mentioned Beta 16+ have noticed performance improvements, can you try that version http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate1.06.04beta.exe and see if there is an improvement, shouldnt have to vacuum after that many hands so well look into this if that dosent help

Sigh...i really hate to sound ungrateful/whiny.
But i had already updated to beta 16 before i posted. In any event i used the link and upgraded again. I haven't played any new hands today but i did run a filter on AK AQ AJ suited or unsuited, used the holecard dropdown and seem to be getting sluggish query results.

AKos,AQos,AJos average 1200 hands and its a whopping 65 seconds to retrieve the last 100 hands in a 140k hand database. Forgive me if i'm wrong,but i don't remember the queries taking this long in the past.:confused:

Thx again Morny

morny
10-31-2008, 12:26 PM
Hi ill escalate this to Roy to see if hes any suggestions, one thing that has greatly improved lagging for people while playing is:

Right click on desktop -> Properties -> Settings -> Advanced -> Troubleshoot Tab and also update your graphics card as that can have a big effect.
Then under hardware acceleration move it down to None. Not sure if it will have an effect in this case but its something to try in the meantime while waiting for a response from Roy

Rvg72
11-01-2008, 05:37 PM
Sigh...i really hate to sound ungrateful/whiny.
But i had already updated to beta 16 before i posted. In any event i used the link and upgraded again. I haven't played any new hands today but i did run a filter on AK AQ AJ suited or unsuited, used the holecard dropdown and seem to be getting sluggish query results.

AKos,AQos,AJos average 1200 hands and its a whopping 65 seconds to retrieve the last 100 hands in a 140k hand database. Forgive me if i'm wrong,but i don't remember the queries taking this long in the past.:confused:

Thx again Morny

Is this on an Alias? My guess is that you have an alias with one or more unoptimized players in the list so HM can't use the optimization to grab the results. Can you confirm this and try switching from the alias to the actual player you are currently playing with and see if there is a huge difference

Roy

FacePlant the Felt
11-02-2008, 12:40 PM
Is this on an Alias? My guess is that you have an alias with one or more unoptimized players in the list so HM can't use the optimization to grab the results. Can you confirm this and try switching from the alias to the actual player you are currently playing with and see if there is a huge difference

Roy

Hi Roy
I have no alias setup ,it is the actual players name.

I also went back to 1.06.2 and the lag is solved.

I had done some hand purging last week and thought that might be part of the problem at first, but after stepping back to 1.06.2 i dismiss that.

Thx Roy

btw:sorry for the cross posting in another thread,but i think this is important

FacePlant the Felt
11-02-2008, 11:17 PM
Update:
Finding more time tonight i found the WinnerName,WinnerCards,WinnerWon
options in the Hands View Column Selector is causing my problem. If any of these are used i get massive lag.:(

FYI

KittyLiquor
11-03-2008, 02:44 PM
Defrag your hard disk may help. :confused:

----------Kitty

morny
11-04-2008, 12:35 PM
Thanks Liquor for narrowing this down, ill ask Roy to look into this as these columns were only added a few betas ago so that would explain why it only happened recently