PDA

View Full Version : Failed To Establish a Connection to 127.0.0.1

Cosmosus
09-23-2010, 06:46 PM
Hello,

Today I booted up my computer and HM only to recieve the message that gave us so many problems in ~February. Being that I had recieved this problem before I did what I previously did and went to fill in the line in the host file.

Unfortunately this file was already correct so I did the next thing and came onto the forums for an answer, to which there was none.

So I continued by reinstalling PostgreSQL. No avail. Reinstalled HM with the most updated version, this did not work as well. I went to my System and tried to manually start PostgreSQL. I recieved this "new" error when I tried to start up PostgreSQL manually.
"Error 1053:The Service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely manner"

Oddly enough when i go to my system logs I have no log of an error.

At this point I'm completely confused. I am running Windows Vista 64 bit. I have not updated the system since the last time it ran properly. I use McAfee anitivirus. I have tried to start with or without the firewall on, doesn't effect anything.

Please help, I'd like to play some poker.

Patvs
09-24-2010, 12:30 AM
What do you mean you have not updated the system??

FULLY update Vista with EVERY update
Manually reinstall SQL to a different port number, try SQL 9.0

To "save" / reconnect to your old database try

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Stop Service

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Start Service

If that doesnt help delete the \postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file, if you see it. And reboot.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall, even if it is off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily - FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software (http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=171)

If that doesn't help you will have to reinstall PostgreSQL completely