PDA

View Full Version : Archiving HH Files

TakenItEasy
09-23-2010, 07:04 AM
Hello,

I would like to automate some things with the HH files such as for when I need to change computers mid tournament and wish to maintain a complete HH file after each move.

1) At what point does HEM move the HH files from the poker client HH folder to the archive folder? For Tournaments, Cash Games, SnGs

Another words, what action triggers the move? closing the table? stopping the auto-importer? closing HEM? For example, in PT2 closing the importer window caused the move.

2) If I needed to reboot during the middle of a tournament and therefore closed poker client and HEM than I assume the tournament HH file up to that point gets move to the archive folder. I also assume that after the reboot, the poker client would start appending to a second tournament HH file with the same name in the poker client HH folder.

So do subsequent archiving of HH files with the same name overwrite the previously archived file or append to it?

Thanks

netsrak
09-23-2010, 12:07 PM
1) The auto-import moves the files automatically while he is running 15 mins after the last modification time of a file

2) The file is moved the next time you start the auto-import. The archive files are not appended, they are organized in subfolders year\month\day and if a file already exists the old file is renamed to "time"oldfilename before the new one is inserted.

TakenItEasy
09-24-2010, 04:01 AM
1) The auto-import moves the files automatically while he is running 15 mins after the last modification time of a file

2) The file is moved the next time you start the auto-import. The archive files are not appended, they are organized in subfolders year\month\day and if a file already exists the old file is renamed to "time"oldfilename before the new one is inserted.

Hi netsrak,

Thanks for your reply, it was very helpful.

FYI, at PokerStars there are some special events such as many of the WCOOP touraments that have a 15 minute break which if you include the time to wait for all tables to finish is over 15 minutes. I guess the HH file would be split in this case. You may want to make it 20 minutes instead.

I'm curious about tournaments that run past midnight. I think it would be preferable to keep tournament HH files as 1 file in the starting day folder if this is not already the case.

Thanks again,
TakenItEasy

netsrak
09-24-2010, 04:54 AM
You can configure the archive intervall under options->settings->misc-> the bottom parameter.

I'm not sure about the tourneys which run past midnight. I think it should result in one file in the new day folder. Just test it...