PDA

View Full Version : HUD completely doesn't work anymore. Help if possible.

Arpeggios
09-22-2010, 05:35 PM
Well, I have no HUD at all anymore. Had some wierd crash last night when I rebooted, telling me that my database had a new password or something for postgres, and did I want to use the "new" password, which came up as postgresspass, or something like that. So I hit ok, hoping it would sort itself out. lol This morning, STILL not working, so I try launching the database, and use my NORMAL password, and HEM still launches as normal. OK, good, but STILL no table manager, or HUD.

The reason I got into this whole mess in the first place, is because I tried the beta patch, to see if I could get my HUD working at Merge, but it caused my HUD to disappear on all other sites! So I "re-installed" the last update, and was fine till that wierd DB message. I'm afraid I'm screwed here, cause I have NO IDEA how to fix something like this!

In case this is ALSO relevant, I double checked that the HEMHUD file was checked off as "run as admin" still, and the whole box is greyed out now...like I don't even have that option now!!

Frustrated, thanks.

Arpeggios
09-22-2010, 05:46 PM
Though also, this box is "greyed out" in the base HEM file too, while HEM itself is still working fine, so probably means nothing there...found some other tab that allows access by user names...where I AM checked off so...

Patvs
09-22-2010, 08:09 PM
Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Holdem_Manager_Beta.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab. If you have Vista and the checkboxes are greyed out and you can't select it, please turn UAC on, reboot, and then set the files to run as administrator.

Create a NEW database. (open dbcontrolpanel.exe in the HoldemManager folder if you can't start HoldemManager)

Arpeggios
09-22-2010, 10:57 PM
Ok...so I got the User account stuff checked off, though I apparently can't turn it back off again. #$%%&. As for creating a NEW database, I see NO TAB anywhere, giving me an option to do this. Could you kindly tell me HOW? And then what? Re-import all my hands into this new database?!? Any idea WHY this happened in the first place?

Arpeggios
09-22-2010, 11:03 PM
Also, with the User control checked off like you said, STILL no Table Manager.

Patvs
09-22-2010, 11:53 PM
options--> database management--> connect-->
new database

if the tablemanager won't popup completely reinstall HoldemManager using the full 93 mb installer. Afterwards update to http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Holdem_Manager_Beta.exe (=beta 15 was just released)

Arpeggios
09-22-2010, 11:56 PM
Great. So, now I have a new database. Still no HUD or Table Manager though. :(

Ok, will try the...uninstall/reinstall.

Sigh. Isn't this going to create a whole licensing headache?

Arpeggios
09-23-2010, 12:19 AM
Ok...after overwriting the install, I once again have a Table Manager! :)
Yay! Beyond that, I *seem to be able to use my "old" database, not the new one I just created for you, with no hands in it.

However, I don't entirely have peace of mind yet, as I received THIS message on re-install, after selecting the database, (with what I'm pretty sure was the old default password, not this "postgrespass." Anyway, I have no idea what this means, so I'm re-typing it here for you:

"The following error occured when trying to open the database: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host."

Umm...ok. Should I be worried? :confused:

Arpeggios
09-23-2010, 12:49 AM
Ok, nevermind, when I upgraded to beta, table manager no longer launched. When I stuck to the original reinstall, Table Manager seemed to launch, but I've yet to see a Hud.

So, now what?

Oh - hang on...it wasn't set to "me" with the new install...sigh...will try again! Also, I don't know how you do this job! I would lose my $^&$& mind! lol :p

Sigh again...it also seems not to have imported the hands :(

Arpeggios
09-23-2010, 01:20 AM
Ok, I've now DONE and TRIED everything you have said - I think.

- Now, besides the HUD not working, HEM is no longer even importing hands!
- It does not work with the old database, OR the new one you had me create.
- It does not work, whether I use the "dbpass" or this "postgrespass" password for the database.
- Basically, it just doesn't work at all.

Should I COMPLETELY uninstall, and reinstall the program? PLUS, then re import ALL my hands? I've already wasted quite a bit of time on this today, and frankly, I'm pretty disappointed.

ceire
09-23-2010, 11:11 AM

- It does not work, whether I use the "dbpass" or this "postgrespass" password for the database.

Should I COMPLETELY uninstall, and reinstall the program? PLUS, then re import ALL my hands? I've already wasted quite a bit of time on this today, and frankly, I'm pretty disappointed.

I am having the same problems posted here http://forums.holdemmanager.com/hud-general/36884-hud-has-stoped-working.html, not to hijack this thread just would like to know can i also uninstall like op said and start from scratch.

netsrak
09-23-2010, 12:40 PM

Please schedule a remote support session with our support. Email support@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread and your forum name, so we can setup a Teamviewer (http://www.holdemmanager.net/teamviewer) session.

Arpeggios
09-24-2010, 03:44 AM
I will get in touch, ASAP, thanks!

My desktop has suddenly been acting a little dicey in a few areas, so I've switched to playing poker on my laptop - and also the original problem *possibly could have been caused/triggered by issues my desktop is having? Basically, I think it's on it's last legs right now, and I suspect might end up in the river soon!

So, since somehow all the hands were not adding up, I brilliantly tried my first backup (of my desktop) and restored it (on my laptop). It worked! But now, it seems to have "infected" the problem to my laptop copy of HEM as well!

Sigh. Just in case this provides you any clues.