PDA

View Full Version : Players reports

St3v3k4hn
09-22-2010, 05:05 PM
I've played about 140K hands in Hem so far. But when I go to PLAYERS and run a report, it shows me 600k+ hands. Where are the extra hands coming from?

Also, it doesn't seem to show STEAL stats in any of the reports I tried. Are they available (again in PLAYERS). Thanks

Patvs
09-22-2010, 08:31 PM
The Steal stats are not available in the current reports.

The #hands. If you change the date to Jan 2010 - to Okt 2010 it shows you've played 600k hands, but in your graphs you've played 140K?

Can you clear the filters in the graphs, did you ever import really old hands/ old archive, do you play both cash AND tournies?

St3v3k4hn
09-22-2010, 09:48 PM
The Steal stats are not available in the current reports. Wow this is a huge oversight. I'm trying to use this to see the average stats for the players I am playing against. Need to see steals too! (Unless I am misunderstanding or there is another way to see that?)

The #hands. If you change the date to Jan 2010 - to Okt 2010 it shows you've played 600k hands, but in your graphs you've played 140K?

Can you clear the filters in the graphs, did you ever import really old hands/ old archive, do you play both cash AND tournies?
I've played some tournies and SNGs and such but those shouldn't show up in the CASH GAMES reports or in the PLAYERS reports (when the CASH GAMES radio button is selected). In PLAYERS it shows ~70k players and ~720k hands played. In CASH GAMES with no filters and ALL HANDS it shows ~140K hands. I don't have any real old hands because I only bought HEM earlier this year.

By the way I've started getting pretty frequent "System.OutofMemoryException" errors when trying to view all hands and see all the hands. And even when it works its taking a long time to show (30 seconds?). Is that just what happens when the db starts to get larger?

Patvs
09-22-2010, 11:49 PM
slow harddisk + database getting larger--> some queries can take 30+ seconds.

read:
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/11194-top-10-hem-performance-increase-tips.html

update to http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Holdem_Manager_Beta.exe
try reimporting all your hands into a NEW empty database to sort out the 600k vs 140k hands issue.

St3v3k4hn
09-23-2010, 03:00 PM
I did everything but purge hands. Still takes > 1 minute to show all hands in the CASH GAMES view. And when I try to run a report in the PLAYERS view it still gives me the outofmemory exception and now it also gives me an "object reference not set to an instance of an object" error.

Patvs
09-23-2010, 07:25 PM
Did you do ALL top 10 performance tips?
Edit the postgresql.conf file for example??

Which SQL version are you using now?
Try updating to SQL 9.0 and install it to port 5433

St3v3k4hn
09-23-2010, 08:26 PM
Crap, I just purged all my hands and now there are no stats showing up in the cash game reports. Which is weird, because when I select on players its still thinks the hands are there...

Patvs
09-23-2010, 08:33 PM
Did you use options--> settings--> observed HH configuration--> purge?

Try reimporting all the original handhistories into a new SQL 9.0 database

St3v3k4hn
09-23-2010, 08:33 PM
Did you do ALL top 10 performance tips?
Edit the postgresql.conf file for example??

Which SQL version are you using now?
Try updating to SQL 9.0 and install it to port 5433
I did most of this a long time ago. Unless it replaces the postgresql.conf file when it updates??

Where can I install the new version of SQL? Looks like I am on 8.4... (I am running Windows 7 64 bit.)

Any idea what went wrong when I tried to purge hands???

St3v3k4hn
09-23-2010, 10:45 PM
Did you use options--> settings--> observed HH configuration--> purge?

Yes

Patvs
09-24-2010, 12:36 AM
No idea what went wrong with your purge.

Just install SQL 9.0 x64-bit on a different port and reimport all your hands.

St3v3k4hn
09-24-2010, 01:29 AM
No idea what went wrong with your purge.
Just install SQL 9.0 x64-bit on a different port and reimport all your hands.
I installed SQL 9.0 (on the port you recommended before - the default). I imported all the archived hands. Then I started a Camstudio video (because this is the 3rd time I've done this and it keeps failing). Then I purged the hands. Then I refresh and all the hand data is gone. You can watch the video to see if I did something weird but I've done this before so I dont think so. I am running the latest beta. Pls help! Its really too slow to run with all hand history and purging seems to delete everything even though its not supposed to.
video: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=II919O30)

Patvs
09-24-2010, 02:31 AM
In the video you did
options--> settings--> purge hands
which will FULLY DELETE the complete existence of the hand.

You need to do options--> settings--> observed HH configuration--> purge
where you will only lose the ability to replay the hand in the replayer, but it will KEEP the stats based on the hands.

St3v3k4hn
09-24-2010, 03:40 AM
In the video you did
options--> settings--> purge hands
which will FULLY DELETE the complete existence of the hand.

You need to do options--> settings--> observed HH configuration--> purge
where you will only lose the ability to replay the hand in the replayer, but it will KEEP the stats based on the hands.
Wow, so glad I made the video! Thanks!
So just leave "Insert all hand histories" selected and click "Purge HH Options." ???

netsrak
09-24-2010, 04:51 AM
Exactly

St3v3k4hn
09-24-2010, 02:41 PM
Exactly
OK so tried this. It brings me to another dialog box where I have to select which HHs should be deleted. Unfortunately I can't deselect one of the options and it appears that most HHs are not being deleted. See pic at deleteHH.jpg picture by st3v3k4hn - Photobucket (http://s1025.photobucket.com/albums/y311/st3v3k4hn/?action=view&current=deleteHH.jpg)
I think it deleted something like 23k hands out of 144k...

St3v3k4hn
09-24-2010, 03:02 PM
Wow, and to top it off, now when I play the HUD stats appear to be in the wrong place, and most of the names don't show up. Here is a pic - name should be last item on last line, it appears once but others say "Empty." This is new, since upgrading to beta HEM, upgrading to latest SQL, and reimporting hands...
nonameinhud.jpg picture by st3v3k4hn - Photobucket (http://s1025.photobucket.com/albums/y311/st3v3k4hn/?action=view&current=nonameinhud.jpg)

Edit: Just tried using my old DB and its happening there too now. But this all worked before I started monkeying around with this...

Patvs
09-24-2010, 03:51 PM
Did you create a NEW database in this process?
Instead of reimporting hands you purged before

St3v3k4hn
09-24-2010, 05:37 PM
Did you create a NEW database in this process?
Instead of reimporting hands you purged before
Yes created new db, import hands, purge HH, nothing works right now...

Patvs
09-24-2010, 07:45 PM
pm sent

St3v3k4hn
09-25-2010, 11:12 PM
OK everything is working fine again except when i try to delete the hand histories it only finds about 25k hands to delete. i think maybe because i can't deselect one of the options (image in previous post)...

Ajax
12-29-2010, 03:55 PM
Also, it doesn't seem to show STEAL stats in any of the reports I tried. Are they available (again in PLAYERS). Thanks

The Steal stats are not available in the current reports.

Wow this is a huge oversight. I'm trying to use this to see the average stats for the players I am playing against. Need to see steals too! (Unless I am misunderstanding or there is another way to see that?)

I agree, we need to have the steal stats in those reports. The "Preflop by Position" report should have the Raise First stat (aka unopened-PFR, aka steal stats) for every position. Please go to this poll and vote yes http://forums.holdemmanager.com/holdem-manager-suggestions/40743-add-stats-reports-players-tab.html