PDA

View Full Version : My key no longer works

Politician
10-27-2008, 07:31 PM
What happened? I've been using HM manger for over a month. Today i started it up and it said my trial version expired. I tried to re-register it with my key but it didn't take it. What's up?

burtolio
10-27-2008, 09:54 PM
I am having the same problem. I have looked to see if the ldat file is there, but it is not. My code simply is not valid anymore.

How can I fix this

burtolio
10-27-2008, 10:28 PM
I have tried reinstalling HEM, and importing my config files and log files and the same registration screen pops up.

I do not know what to try next.

This is very frustrating, please respond.

fabio
10-28-2008, 01:34 AM
Are you guys using 1.06.04? http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate1.06.04beta.exe

Politician
10-28-2008, 08:20 AM
Are you guys using 1.06.04? http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate1.06.04beta.exe

No I'm using 1.06.03h but I deleted the ldat file and was able to register. You really need to inform people when you make changes that require action on our part. You should make this procedure a sticky at least.

morny
10-28-2008, 08:53 AM
This was already in the FAQ however there were some steps not included in that which i have now added aswell as adding more keywords to make it easier to find. Since the new beta requires people to re-register i will sticky this temporarily aswell

Here is the FAQ for anyone still experiencing problems and apologies for the inconvenience http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=159

Politician
10-28-2008, 09:27 AM
There would be no reason for me to check the FAQ because it was working and something you did caused it to stop working. When you make changes like this, putting it in the FAQ is not enough it should be a sticky in the forum because that will be the first place people go when they have issues. This will save YOU time because you won't have to answers questions from multiple people on the same issue.

Ok that that I got it reregistered if I want to upgrade to the new beta version will I have to unregister before I upgrade to the beta version?

Thanks
Ralph

morny
10-28-2008, 10:00 AM
Not sure what version your upgrading from but you may need to re-register just by re-entering your code this is because some of the beta's are improving the code so it will have less activation problems in the future so although it will cause some temporary issue in the long term it should decrease activation problems. Were also working an adding automated de-activation into the software with the next stable release which should help too. Ive already added that temporarily to the sticky until we get the next stable release, but if only people actually read these it would be great:D

Politician
10-28-2008, 11:24 AM
It might be helpful if you post the FAQ as a sticky in the forum and update in there also. Then people can sunscribe to the FAQ thread and when you update the FAQ people will get notified. I find this feature very helpful in other forums I frequent. Just a suggestion.

Ralph