PDA

View Full Version : Mirror for HEM download

SuperSized
09-21-2010, 07:11 AM
I can't seem to download the full installer using the normal link. It just hangs. Is there a mirror I can download from?

SuperSized
09-22-2010, 08:33 AM
Sorry to bump, but 24 hours and no response.

Why is it that every time I need to download an update, the download process hangs? It is not browser related as this happens for FF, IE, Chrome.

Every time I need to fetch the update, which is fairly frequently, I have to jump through hoops to get the update. Can you provide an alternative download or recommend another method of downloading your files?

fozzy71
09-22-2010, 10:33 AM
I can't seem to download the full installer using the normal link. It just hangs. Is there a mirror I can download from?

Clear your web cache, and download it again via the right-click > save link as..., to a new folder.

Sorry to bump, but 24 hours and no response.

Why is it that every time I need to download an update, the download process hangs? It is not browser related as this happens for FF, IE, Chrome.

Every time I need to fetch the update, which is fairly frequently, I have to jump through hoops to get the update. Can you provide an alternative download or recommend another method of downloading your files?

We just changed file servers, so if you had problems downloading in the past, with multiple browsers, and still have issues, it makes me think it is a problem with your system/network. We dont get many complaints like this, and when we do the web cache is usually the cause/solution.

I have a server I could upload it to, but 90+mb is a lot to upload just so one person can download it. I am also waiting on my new internet provider to get here and install their system, so I dont think I have time to upload it right now.

SuperSized
09-22-2010, 12:42 PM
I starting having issues around 2 months ago. I download a fair number of files off multiple sites and have not come across a similar issue.

Cache isn't the issue, as I just cleared it now.

Is there anyone that can troubleshoot my problem? Long-term I can't afford to be without HEM every time a Poker Stars update breaks it.

Patvs
09-22-2010, 07:50 PM
Try using a download manager.
The can RESUME the download, after it hangs.

SuperSized
09-23-2010, 04:55 AM
Sometimes it doesn't start the download at all. Other times it gets to something like 112k. I have a download manager for FF, but this doesn't allow me to resume the file transfer.

SuperSized
09-23-2010, 06:36 PM
OK, for the time being I have solved the issue by using a web proxy. Thanks for the help.