PDA

View Full Version : Can I delete everything, start over?

doomedbroke
09-20-2010, 01:42 PM
Gets : Failed to establish connection to 127.0.0.1...

ALL the time now, has tried almost all tips/tricks, but no luck.

Had this problem for a while, but suddenly everything worked again, as stated, now its fucked again.

After switching to W7 ive had nothing but trouble, is this just me beeing a n00b or is there some soultion that Ive missed?

I dont care about the database, if its gone, no problemo, starting cashgrind now, has no more time for MTTs, and I really just want this to work from now on.

Is it the same postgres version in the latest sw, think i got : PostgreSQL 8.4.1 , according to the documentation file.

Ive spent so many hours trying to fix this, read all FAQ, some outdated some new... im about to give this up.

So? Wath to do?

Running Avast Pro AV, W-def. , W-firewall and has tried making all exeptions, disabled everything and so on... Tried running it whit router firewall disabled too, also opened for the correct port, IMO ive tried everything..

I even reinstalled the pc and installed HEM before Avast and W-def. , it only worked for a while... Hope u understand that im rather frustrated and need a cure...

Patvs
09-20-2010, 11:28 PM
Download and instal SQL 9.0 to port 5433.
PostgreSQL: The world's most advanced open source database (http://www.postgresql.org)

To connect to your old database. Try to update it to 8.4.4 and
If no help, try this:

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Stop Service

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Start Service

If that doesnt help delete the \postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file, if you see it. And reboot.

doomedbroke
09-21-2010, 03:53 PM
If that doesnt help delete the \postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file, if you see it. And reboot.

did this

Well, tx, have deleted this file before, is it nessesary to delete this file everytime i update HEM?

It works right now, God i hope this was the cure :)

Patvs
09-21-2010, 04:54 PM
Deleting "postmaster.pid" + reboot actually rarely fixes the Failed to establish connection to 127.0.0.1 error, so you've very lucky. This actually works for you :)

Check your Windows Firewall. Add port 5432, postgres.exe and pg_ctl.exe to the exceptions list.

If the program comes back.... really try to use a different version of SQL you're currently using and install it to a different portnumber.

doomedbroke
09-24-2010, 12:30 PM
.pid comes back to haunt me, is it W7 who creates this useless file?

Any known way to stop this from happening?

Its a short cure obv, HEM starts after reboot, but not later...

doomedbroke
09-24-2010, 12:34 PM
If the program comes back.... really try to use a different version of SQL you're currently using and install it to a different portnumber.

Oh..

Patvs
09-24-2010, 03:46 PM
typo from me... it meant to say if the problem comes back try a different version of SQL

the .pid file returning is normal. SQL rebuilds the file when you delete it.

doomedbroke
09-26-2010, 03:38 PM
I now did:

1) Uninstall PostgreSQL from the Windows Control Panel.
2) manually delete or rename the Program Files\Postgresql folders
3) run the command - start > programs > accessories > command prompt > right-click > run as administrator
PHP Code:
net user postgres /delete
4) reboot.
5) Install PostgreSQL 9.0

PostgreSQL 9.0 I found here:
PostgreSQL: The world's most advanced open source database
(http://www.postgresql.org/)

Direkt link SQL 9.0 (http://www.enterprisedb.com/products/pgdownload.do#windows)

Then I : Download and instal SQL 9.0 to port 5433.

Installed, tested and found working whit Avast AV and W-firewall and W-Defender. Also after use and reboot of pc, the .pid file is in there, but doesnt seem to bother me now :) .

Will bump this again if it bugs me more.

Tx again. Hope the Postgres 9.0 is da shit for more than just tonite.