PDA

View Full Version : Hand Histories Question

4fun
12-27-2012, 04:15 AM
I noticed the following issue in all poker sites..
I have created a file to save my hand histories.For Example lets say i have selected in Pokerstars my hand history to be saved in path :C\User\HH\PokerStarsHH
The problem is that although HM1 is normally working i find the HHs stored in another folder (C:\HMArchive)
Is there a way for HM1 to import the HHs without removing them from their original files?
ty

Patvs
12-27-2012, 08:45 AM
HoldemManager will always move the files to the archive folder.
You can turn off 'archiving' go to options--> configure auto import folders--> select the folder --> edit--> turn on 'disable archiving'

4fun
12-27-2012, 07:21 PM
Ty for the answer.
Could u please explain what will happen if i set as an archive folder the same (import) folder ??

Patvs
12-27-2012, 11:16 PM
If you add the archive folder as an import folder, you can create an 'import loop'.
When this happen HoldemManager will constantly re-import old handhistories, thus no new handhistories are imported and the HUD won't update.

Similarly if you have disabled archiving, HoldemManager will re-check all the handhistory files (checking if there are new files) before it imports new handhistories. If you have many old handhistory files, the HUD won't update until all these files have been checked, so it's NOT recommended to disable archiving.