PDA

View Full Version : Problem with PostgreSQL

jurrasstoil
12-26-2012, 05:40 AM
Hey,

I have somewhat of a mess here...

So, I tried to move my database from my old harddrive to an SSD, which went completely wrong and didn't work for whatever reason. Countless uninstalling and reinstalling of postgresql and holdem manager later, I'm now trying to get my database back and working again. Foolishly I didn't make a backup, because I've never touched the original database or files, just copied them to the SSD. So, I didn't think there would be any risk of losing them, since I could have just reverted the changes.

Long story short, something went wrong during the process and now I can't start postgreSQL with my old data folder anymore. It says that the data clusters are incompatible with the server because they have the int64 timestamp and the server doesn't support that.

This seems to be a hurdle I'm not able to overcome. I googled for a good 3 or 4 hours to try and find how to install PostgreSQL with the --enable-integer-datetimes (or --enable-datetimes-integer... found both) option which would probably allow me to make a pg_dump of the database and move it in a different way plus have a backup.

Any ideas, links or suggestions?

PS: my data clusters are from 8.3, so just installing the x64 version won't do it.

Sarek
12-26-2012, 06:42 PM
This "int64 timestamp" means you should install another postgres version.
But when you will do this - your will get empty Data folder and need to create new database.
If you play on Stars - you can request HHs and summaries from their support and import them.

jurrasstoil
12-26-2012, 08:46 PM
In this tutorial (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/368/Move+Database+to+Another+Hard+Drive+or+Partition), it says that I should just move/copy the data folder (which I still have a backup of) to the other drive and PSQL should be able to work with the database and clusters on the new drive.
To me, this means that PSQL should be able to use the data folder I have, but it doesn't because of the different timestamp expectations. This would allow me to get my old database working again and make a dump.

I tried another PC where I had PSQL installed, but it was version 8.4 unfortunately, so the error message was: "The database files are incompatible with the Server. The Database-Cluster was initialized with PG_CONTROL_VERSION 833, but the Server was compiled with PG_CONTROL_VERSION 843."

So, I tired installing 8.3 and then I got the timestamp error.

udbrky
12-27-2012, 05:29 AM
I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with this and I apologize for the delay. I have escalated this to our 2nd level support techs and have explained the issues you are having and they will be in touch shortly to help resolve the problem.

jurrasstoil
12-27-2012, 06:31 AM
Okay, I've tried the pginstaller version instead of the oneclick one and after a bit of fiddling around I'm now getting this error from pg_log:

2012-12-27 11:26:52 CET LOG: database system was interrupted; last known up at 2012-12-27 11:24:09 CET
2012-12-27 11:26:52 CET LOG: database system was not properly shut down; automatic recovery in progress
2012-12-27 11:26:52 CET LOG: loaded library "$libdir/plugins/plugin_debugger.dll"
2012-12-27 11:26:52 CET LOG: loaded library "$libdir/plugins/plugin_debugger.dll"
2012-12-27 11:26:52 CET FATAL: the database system is starting up
2012-12-27 11:26:52 CET LOG: could not receive data from client: Unknown winsock error 10061
2012-12-27 11:26:52 CET LOG: record with zero length at 1E/9A000218
2012-12-27 11:26:52 CET LOG: redo is not required
2012-12-27 11:26:53 CET LOG: loaded library "$libdir/plugins/plugin_debugger.dll"
2012-12-27 11:26:53 CET FATAL: the database system is starting up
[repeat the last two entries every second]
2012-12-27 11:27:12 CET LOG: loaded library "$libdir/plugins/plugin_debugger.dll"
2012-12-27 11:27:12 CET FATAL: the database system is starting up
2012-12-27 11:27:12 CET FATAL: could not rename file "global/pg_database.2860" to "global/pg_database": Permission denied
2012-12-27 11:27:12 CET LOG: startup process (PID 2860) exited with exit code 1
2012-12-27 11:27:12 CET LOG: aborting startup due to startup process failure

And windows eventlog just states "Timed out waiting for server startup".

postgres has full permissions in the data folder.

Sarek
12-27-2012, 02:46 PM
Let's do Teamviewer session.
Email to support@holdemmanager.com and provide avaiable date\time for it.

Please download www.holdemmanager.com/teamviewer.exe
This is version 5 (five) as our license dont support teamviewer 6 / 7 yet, I can't connect with 6/7
this is a remote access tool that allows to access your PC.
Once you download and run the program you should see it creates and ID and Password on the left side.
Send those when your ready to do the session and one of our team mambers will join your PC.
Teamviewer has built in chat that we can use to communicate.
And set Firewall = off.
Keep in mind: TV password changes every time you run it.

what time zone you live?
what day and time will be suitable for you?
Please remember that we schedule a couple days in advance and need to fit into our schedules. So give us a few days' range of times and notice.

Please read this important information before our teamviewer session. We cannot do the teamviewer session until all those issues are addressed below:
1 – Make sure you have updated your windows using the “Windows Update” feature
Microsoft Windows Update (http://www.update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/thanks.aspx?ln=en&&thankspage=5)
2 – Make sure Holdem Manager is updated to the latest version Downloads and Manuals - Hold'Em Manager, Omaha Manager & HM Apps (http://www.holdemmanager.com/store/downloads-manuals.php)
3 – Please make sure you have access to a good connection, we cannot provide support on really slow connections
4 - Please allow us full access otherwise it slows down the speed at which we can fix the issue