PDA

View Full Version : PostgreSQL not working despite following FAQ and more!

larghetto98
09-17-2010, 09:45 AM
Hello,

I just upgraded my computer to Win 7 64bit. Unfortunately PG isn't working.

I have followed ALL the steps in the PG FAQ:
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Can't Connect / Failed to Start PostgreSQL (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/91/Can%27t+Connect+%7B47%7D+Failed+to+Start+PostgreSQ L+)

I have turned off UAC.
I also do not have a Firewall nor Antivirus installed at the moment, so I know
it's not that...(and have switched off the Windows one)
I have tried the combo installer + the latest stable version on the PG site and
also the 1 click installer and also the latest unstable version.

The error I am getting is the could not establish connection to 127.0.0.1, and
I am unable to start the service manually using DBControlPanel.

Sorry to ask, but can you connect to my PC using the Teamviewer? I have waited 7 days now via email to get someone to connect (and have the teamviewer app open).

Thanks you.

larghetto98
09-17-2010, 10:11 AM
I have also tried the "Fix for PostgreSQL cannot start error 127.0.0.1" threads above fix, which also didn't work.

My email is larghetto98 (@) Yahoo (.) com

Thanks

larghetto98
09-17-2010, 03:01 PM
No answer/reply at both my email and this thread!

It's as if the whole of the HEM team is ignoring me!

Can I please have some help for a program that I bought from them legitimately and honestly!

Thanks
larghetto98 (@) yahoo (.) com

netsrak
09-18-2010, 05:34 AM
I checked the email address you posted and i see it in our support system. I will ask Fozzy about it.

But for your problem: you can't expect postgresql to work when upgrading your computers operating system. You need to reinstall postgresql and start with a new database. Then restore your database backup or reimport all your hands.

larghetto98
09-18-2010, 05:42 AM
Yes I know you have to start from scratch with a new OS install.

However, I am having trouble with the fact that the Postgres is not running no matter what I do! As I stated in an above post, I have tried everything and have waited a week for you to connect after you said you would.

Sorry to ask, but could you please email me at the email address above and get the TeamViewer numbers and connect please.

Thanks

netsrak
09-18-2010, 07:46 AM
Solved by installing Postgresql to a different partition. I have no idea why it wouldn't work on C:

doomedbroke
09-20-2010, 02:21 PM
Can i try this, dl latest beta and just install postgres to another hd??

Patvs
09-20-2010, 11:33 PM
Sure, update to http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Holdem_Manager_Beta.exe

Download and install SQL 9.0 to a different partition/harddisk to a different PORT (5433)