PDA

View Full Version : Purge Error -

DrAction
10-27-2008, 02:31 AM
I want to purge about 200k hands, i did it with 500 and it worked fine. Not that the amount is bigger i get this message:

There was en error during the PurgE: Connection establishment timeout. Increase Timeout value in ConnectionString.
Then i Click ok ->

There was an error during the Purge: ERROR: 57014: canceling statement due to user request.
What is meant by that and what can I do?
My DB was some days ago Vacuumed (full)
It took about 1-2 hours until it "finished".

Please help asap, my db is getting too big and i actually would like to purge about 8 million of hands this week. thanks.

morny
10-27-2008, 11:40 AM
What version of HM are you using? version Beta 13 made improvements on purging however 1 person had problems with Beta 14 so im not sure if it was an isolated incident, id suggest updating to the newest version to see if it works.

DrAction
10-27-2008, 01:09 PM
i am using the 03h
but i have this problem since hm was released and between that i even had a format c: and nothing changed :confused:

morny
10-27-2008, 01:21 PM
Yeah some people had this problem, Roy changed the way it purges to hopefully elimate that so try the new Beta and see if it improves

ata
11-05-2008, 01:44 PM
Got the same error, trying to purge 3 million hands. When is this going to be fixed?

morny
11-05-2008, 06:00 PM
What version exactly was this with?

ata
11-05-2008, 06:04 PM
Tried with 1.06.03h

Will try again tonight with the latest beta that I just installed.

craigsmagic
01-10-2009, 01:50 PM
I am having the same problem.....

After a couple hours it comes with "There was an error during the Purge: Connection establisment Timeout. Increase Timeoutvalue in Connection string."

Yes I have the most current 1.07.01
Yes I have the most current Postgress. 8.3.5
Yes I have uninstalled HM and then reinstalled it, and updated the current version.

Database is about 16 million hands..... HD shows about 66 GB in size
I can purge observed HH if I can limit the number of HH that are "attempted" to purge.
What I mean by that...I can purge 1 day by using the date setting.....AS LONG as there are not more than 300k hands (it might be slightly more.....but the most I have been able to do at one time without it being over an hours waste of time is about 297k....)
What I have been doing is...when I get the "error", I keep upping the "do not delete hands with pots size over XX BB until the amount is small enough for a specific date....

Its taking FOREVER doing it this way....and 60% of the time I wait 2+ hours...then it gives the error.....so essentially with having to retry 2 or 3 times for each 200K hands.....I've delete about 1.4mil hands this way.....and that has taken 3 days (approximately 18 hours of non stop "attempting" and not being able to play)

I have a newer computer, so its not memory or processor (Quad core QQ6600, 4 meg...optimized swap file on a 2nd HD, etc etc)

Also: yes to defrag, Full Vacuum Analyze very frequently

morny
01-10-2009, 03:50 PM
Escalated to Roy, hell repsond here asap

craigsmagic
01-11-2009, 01:04 AM
Its still doing the same thing on the original large DB.

When I do purge smaller numbers of HH (as in early post as long as I dont go over a couple hundred thousand).....when I vaccuum...space is freed.....(but I'm not sure the actual HH are removed)

But....

I keep messing around to figure out a solution...
So today I Created a new database....

Imported 454 of my played hands....
and 1.3 million of observed hands (took about 6 hours)

I then went to the Obs HH config/purge HH options/ and purged all hands not played by me.
It was successful....it said it purge all 1.3 mil HH

I then vac/analyz ...but it did not restore any of the space

I then went and selected various Obsvered players with high amount of HH numbers....
When I selected them....all of the hole cards and actual HH I could see in the lower portion of the window.....it doesnt appear that the HH were purged....I still can see on the hands tab ALL of the players HHs

So....

I went back to Obs/purge HH options/ and purged all but my HH....

Once again it said I was going to purge 1.3 million hands ...and I selected Yes again....

I did a vac/analyze....and I actually recoved about 2 gig...
But ALL of the players that I check to compare for HH....all of the players still show the HH in the hands tab, as well as the lower window of Reports Tab (obvious I can check all the players to see if the HH are still there...but the random 10 players or so I check, ALL have HH showing that should have been purged (unless I am understanding the ObsvPurge wrong.....I believe it to not purge the stats, but purges the HHs themselves)

I believe my Main DB has done the same thing as well.

I'm not convinced a new DB will solve future problems if I dont purge for a month (I import about 5-7 million per month in observed).....I didnt have this problem initally when my DB was initially smaller....plus the idea of reimporting 15+++++ million hands would leave my HM occupied for a 3+ days

If there is something you want me to try...let me know...I've done just about everuthing that has been suggested in other threads....

I do not think this is recent......when I would purge hands...its was usually between 200k and 400k....I really hadnt noticed the actual amount each time........I Really didnt check closeley to ensure the HH actually were purged.....at time I thought it might not have.....(basically when the HD space was the same....or proportionally it seemed reall low in comparison of the HH that were "suppose to be deleted")
I think the numbers, size and the error just made me realize it wasnt doing it properly.

I am going to purge/vacAnylz for a 3rd time on the new DB and see if it has any effect on DB on size, and to see if it can tell me that I purged the same hands 3 times :-)

craigsmagic
01-11-2009, 01:28 AM
I think I figured out that, eventhough it looks like the actual HH is there....its not....the replayer wont replay the hands....(learn something new every day)....

Okay...on the 3rd time to purge from the Obsv/purge
It came back with "You are deleting 454 hands".....
NOTE: I selected it NOT to purge hands I played....
The 454 is EXACLTY the number of hands that Import that are NOT observed.

So I did it a again....it came back with the same You are deleting 454 (I did select delete all times)
I did it again...and for a 3rd time it said I was deleting 454 hands....
and a 4th time......same result...delte the same hands again...454.

I should note...all observed hands seemed to be deleted (visable, but cant replay)
My hands that I played and did not delete...I can replay them.

craigsmagic
01-11-2009, 02:56 AM
I forgot to include...there is a .NET framework error...."unhandled exception......"

Internal Eorror! Npgsql.NpsgsqlClosedState

----------------------------------------
Accessibility
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
DeployLX.Licensing.v3
Assembly Version: 3.1.2000.0
Win32 Version: 3.1.2000.19262
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/RVG%20Software/Holdem%20Manager/DeployLX.Licensing.v3.DLL
System.Configuration
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.832 (QFE.050727-8300)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Web
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_32/System.Web/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Web.dll
Softelvdm.SftTreeNET
Assembly Version: 2.0.7.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.7.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/RVG%20Software/Holdem%20Manager/Softelvdm.SftTreeNET.DLL
Softelvdm.Controls
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.10
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.10
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/RVG%20Software/Holdem%20Manager/Softelvdm.Controls.DLL
Npgsql
Assembly Version: 1.98.4.0
Win32 Version: 1.98.4.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/RVG%20Software/Holdem%20Manager/Npgsql.DLL
System.Data
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Transactions
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_32/System.Transactions/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
Mono.Security
Win32 Version: 2.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/RVG%20Software/Holdem%20Manager/Mono.Security.DLL
ZedGraph
Assembly Version: 5.1.4.31904
Win32 Version: 5.1.4.31904
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/RVG%20Software/Holdem%20Manager/ZedGraph.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.