PDA

View Full Version : The Effective Stack Filter in HEM Is USELESS

professorpain
09-16-2010, 12:33 PM
I filter for effective stacks >50bb and the first hand that comes up is me in the Button with 100bb and the SB has 20bb and the BB has 100bb.

HOW IN THE EFFING WORLD IS THAT >50bb effective stacks?

Do the creators of HEM not know what the word effective stacks means? it means that all stacks in the hand have more than >50bb...

Is there anyway that I can create a custom report or filter so that every player has more/less/equal to a certain amount of bb's?

Colin252
09-19-2010, 09:43 PM
The definition of effective stacks is the largest "matched" stack. in this case 100 BB. It's obviously a very tricky situation for hem when dealing with multiple stack sizes, adn somewhat frustrating I agree.

I play tourneys and actually an "effective average" stack would be very useful for tourneys.

JH1
10-09-2010, 10:02 AM
You have 20bb effective against SB. You have 100bb effective against BB.

Therefore this hand has a true instance of 100bb effective stack and the filter returned the correct result. You would be making the opposite complaint if you had set it to <25bb effective stacks and this hand was returned which included a 100bb effective instance.

Aside from the fact that the filter is correct, it's better to have an over abundance of information rather than too little. If you set the filter to >95bb and HEM was programmed to not return this hand due to the 20bb stack, you would be missing an instance of >95bb effective stacks.