PDA

View Full Version : Fatal Error

maltbystu
10-26-2008, 10:30 PM
I have run into an error that reads...

The following error occurred when trying to open the database: FATAL:3D000:database "HoldemManager" does not exist.

I have gone through the forum for similar posts and have done what is suggested.

So far I have:
Checked that UAC is disabled
Allowed hud, hem and DB through defender
Turned off antivirus
Uninstalled and reinstalled SQL 8.3 and removed folders in C:

I am running Vista.

One thing that puzzles me is should I have created the HoldemManager database on SQL install?

I have tried that on one reinstall but still failed to get the app to run.

It is currently configured with user postgres and pwd as suggested in your pdf startup.

Any hints?

Thanks,

Stu

morny
10-27-2008, 11:02 AM
Please try reinstalling PosgreSQL but use a different username this time and reboot after uninstalling it

maltbystu
10-27-2008, 07:02 PM
Hi,

I tried that and then get the message...

The following error occured when trying to open the database: FATAL:28000: password authentication failed for user postgres.

I was expecting this failure since I have no longer created the user postgres when reinstalling SQL as per your instructions. Did I therefore misunderstand your request?

So, let me be clear as to what I did.

1. Uninstalled SQL, deleted files manually from C:
2. Rebooted
3. Re-installed SQL.
4. Entered my PC pwd on the first user/pwd screen
5. Created a new superuser and password on the second screen
6. Launched HEM, received error message and had DBcontrol panel crash when accepting the errror message.

Stu

maltbystu
10-27-2008, 09:57 PM
I spent some more time on this. On DC's forum I noticed someone said they installed PT3 and let it install SQL and everything worked fine.

I tried this and indeed I managed to get HEM to load further than before.

This time I received a message saying the HoldemManager database did not exist.

I know nothing about SQL but went to the pgAdmin GUI and created a database with this name.

When I booted HEM I got a message saying that the Database structure has been updated in this new version. You will need to create a new database.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Stu

fabio
10-28-2008, 01:37 AM
1. Go to C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager and launch the DBControlPanel.exe
2. Enter the correct postgres username and password and click connect
3. click on create new database and create one.
4. click on start holdem manager

maltbystu
10-28-2008, 06:09 AM
Hi,

We may be getting somewhere since I am not able to manually start DBControlPanel.

I do not have UAC enabled and it is allowed by defender and antvirus is disabled.

When I right click and go to properties, advanced, I see no option to alter privileges.
If I right click and run as administrator it still crashes?

What next?

Thanks

morny
10-28-2008, 10:14 AM
PM if youd like to do a www.teamviewer.com sesssion to get this fixed and let me know a suitable time please