PDA

View Full Version : HEM has gone wrong after I optimised the database

Dodgyrocker
09-16-2010, 10:25 AM
Yesterday I decided to do a full optimisation of my database (vacuuming, reindexing etc), following the instructions on the HEM website. I also did the bit that optimised the way HEM used the RAM or something like that (can't remember what this is called but again I just followed the instructions).

It seems to have stopped HEM working.

Whenever I try to load up HEM since I did all this, the following message comes up: "The following error occurred when trying to open the database: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host". When I click on OK it takes me to the Database Control Panel. And then when I click 'connect' on this panel it produces an error message saying the same thing, but then with lots more details below (too long to type fully, but starts off saying "System.IO.IOException...")

Can someone please tell me what I need to do to fix this problem?

netsrak
09-17-2010, 04:28 AM
Seems like your postgresql service is not starting with the new parameters.

You need to restore your original postgresql configuration file and restart the postgresql service.

Dodgyrocker
09-17-2010, 07:19 AM
Seems like your postgresql service is not starting with the new parameters.

You need to restore your original postgresql configuration file and restart the postgresql service.

How do I do that?

Since I posted the problem I have found that HEM does sometimes open fine, but other times it still has this problem. For example, it opened fine last night. But then this morning I have just tried to open it and have had the same problem. Why would it suffer this fault intermittently?

netsrak
09-17-2010, 08:40 AM
Then this is probably caused by a 3rd party firewall or any other security software. Please check this:
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Software Security Problems (Firewall) (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/339/Software+Security+Problems+%28Firewall%29)