PDA

View Full Version : Problems instaling HM

Canhita
09-16-2010, 07:18 AM
Hello, I'm having some problems installing the HM, I'm using 64bit Windows 7. when I start the installation I choose the option to install PostgreSQL. The installation starts but in the end appears a message "Sorry, Could not install PostgreSQL," I choose OK and I have to cancel the installation window. The HM shortcut is available when I start another error appears "The following error occurred when Trying to open the database: Failed to Establish a conection to '127 .0.0.1 '." . After the window of Database Control Panel apears, I choose to connect and appears another error "
The connection to postgreSQL Could Not Be Made. Would you like to Have Holdem Manager attempt to start the service? "I choose yes and it says" Sorry, HM was unable to start the service "and then OK appears HM has started the service. Please try again. "
If you can help me with this problem I appreciate.
Best regards
Joćo Fonseca

netsrak
09-16-2010, 09:58 AM
Do you have any 3rd party firewall or other security / spyware tools installed? Please uninstall them.

Please try to download and install Postgresql 8.4 from PostgreSQL: The world's most advanced open source database (http://www.postgresql.org). If that fails too try version 8.3.

Hint: our combo installer uses postgrespass as password for the postgres user. You'll need it during the manual installation.

Canhita
09-22-2010, 07:16 AM
I'm having some problems instaling postgres 9.0 at the password step the ask me for a password, I don“t have one, I've tryed postgrespass but apeears a message "The password specified was incorrect. Please enter the correct password for the postgres windows user account.". Some one can help me with this problem?
Best regards
Joćo Fonseca

fozzy71
09-22-2010, 10:40 AM
1) Uninstall PostgreSQL from the Windows Control Panel.

A) Start > Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt > Right-Click > Run As Administrator

net user postgres /delete

B) Reboot.