PDA

View Full Version : HM doesn't collect all hands

kasi3k
09-15-2010, 06:02 PM
I'm using HM 1.11.05 Beta 13 and on FTP. I checked save my hand history in FTP software and those hands are saved but not all. A large amount of hands are not counted and showed in HM. Best regards. I looking for help.

Patvs
09-15-2010, 06:07 PM
The hands ARE saved by Full Tilt?
Can you CLEAR filters in HoldemManager (even if it states no filters are selected)

Can you reimport the hands into a NEW database to see if they show up in HoldemManager?

kasi3k
09-16-2010, 03:11 PM
After clearing filters no changes.
When I've created new database and import to it hands everything looks ok... Strange whats the problem??

PokerZombi
09-16-2010, 04:40 PM
I've been experiencing this for the past month maybe more. And no one got back to me either from email or from the forum on 8/25, 8/30, or on 9/4.

Here's the forum:
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-bugs/35361-lost-hands-new-post.html

It happened to me again today. I have 5 databases for September, and few for July and August. I don't think creating a new database every few days is the answer.

Evidently there is something that makes the databases prone to corruption on Fulltilt. Importing hands without corruption trumps any other HEM feature in my opinion. I've been a pretty patient and helpful customer.

netsrak
09-17-2010, 04:43 AM
@kasi: you can try a reindex of your old database via pgadmin->maintenance but if that doesn't help you should continue with the new database.

@PokerZombi, i think Ed overlooked your last support mails. I send him a mail to check it. Sorry for that.

But loosing your database every few days is not usual. This lets me think you have a hardware or installation problem because nothing in our import process damages the database.

PokerZombi
09-17-2010, 11:09 AM
@kasi: you can try a reindex of your old database via pgadmin->maintenance but if that doesn't help you should continue with the new database.

@PokerZombi, i think Ed overlooked your last support mails. I send him a mail to check it. Sorry for that.

But loosing your database every few days is not usual. This lets me think you have a hardware or installation problem because nothing in our import process damages the database.

It doesn't look like an isolated problem seeing that people in the last thread had problems with corrupted DBs a few times. And then thiis thread also popped up. Read Tantram, PokerKing posts in the other thread I posted. I had same problems as them. Mine wasn't connection issue because I checked the hand histories. Either way disconnection shouldn't corrupt the database.

Whatever the underlying problem, we need help fix it rather than treating the symptom e.g. new DB or reindex.

Look forward to support here.

fozzy71
09-17-2010, 01:21 PM
I think this file imported fine for me. I got no errors in my logs. My results are attached to my email reply.

Make sure windows is fully updated and change your Windows Control Panel > Regional Settings Format to English (USA).

Make sure your poker client is in English and that it was downloaded from the english fulltiltpoker.COM site.

Restart your computer, and try a new Database.

PokerZombi
09-17-2010, 01:44 PM
No problems importing to a new database. That's not the problem. I also Windows setting under English (United States), and client is also English.

The prob is I have to import to a new database pretty often.

The question is what's happening that corrupts database so often?

If the DB is not corrupt, why can't I just delete and reimport the hands (after renaming the file)?

Patvs
09-18-2010, 07:43 AM
The SQL database WILL corrupt.
We can't fix/solve that.

The reasons it corrupts:
-power failure
-system crash during import
-bad clusters on harddisk
-just RANDOMLY when the database gets too big without any maintenance done on the database
-older SQL versions have more chance of corruption (read: SQL 8.3). Every SQL update claims do to a better job to prevent it.

Prevention:
-Use the latest SQL version (8.4.4, I'm actually already testing 9.0 RC1 now)
-Regularly VACUUM/REINDEX
-Regularly BACKUP the database, so you can restore the backup instead of having to REIMPORT all your hands when it does corrupt.

When it does corrupt:
-Restore the backup file
-Or reimport all your handhistories

CRAZY 'SOLUTION':
Buying a SSD harddisk: so you can vacuum/reindex 20x faster. You don't have to defrag the SSD. No bad clusters. You can backup/restore 10x faster. And you can import faster. In a way you're basically anticipating it will corrupt at some point, but the SSD will postpone the corruption and will be a lot faster to restore your old database.

PokerZombi
09-18-2010, 01:26 PM
The SQL database WILL corrupt.
We can't fix/solve that.

The reasons it corrupts:
-power failure
-system crash during import
-bad clusters on harddisk
-just RANDOMLY when the database gets too big without any maintenance done on the database
-older SQL versions have more chance of corruption (read: SQL 8.3). Every SQL update claims do to a better job to prevent it.

Prevention:
-Use the latest SQL version (8.4.4, I'm actually already testing 9.0 RC1 now)
-Regularly VACUUM/REINDEX
-Regularly BACKUP the database, so you can restore the backup instead of having to REIMPORT all your hands when it does corrupt.

When it does corrupt:
-Restore the backup file
-Or reimport all your handhistories

CRAZY 'SOLUTION':
Buying a SSD harddisk: so you can vacuum/reindex 20x faster. You don't have to defrag the SSD. No bad clusters. You can backup/restore 10x faster. And you can import faster. In a way you're basically anticipating it will corrupt at some point, but the SSD will postpone the corruption and will be a lot faster to restore your old database.

Ok thanks for the tips.

I think I can eliminate the bad clusters possibility (as I defrag, vacuum etc regularly).

I think I can eliminate the power outage, and crash just because I don't get that in the frequency the DBs corrupt.

What's the process for upgrading SQL versions? Can I install two PgSQL versions concurrently and switch back/forth if I need to?

I really never had done this problem with PT2 before so I know this can't be normal.

If I have DB or a few DBs that are already corrupt, is there a way to diagnose, be alerted which ones are corrupt or not? Would hate to backup/restore a big DB that could already be corrupt.

Patvs
09-18-2010, 06:39 PM
You can have two SQL versions side by side and switch back/forth.
They do need to be installed on separate ports. (easiest is 5432, and then the other on 5433)

To see if a database is corrupt: run a vacuum/analyse in pgadminIII
If you get any sort of ERROR, it's probably corrupt.

starise
09-19-2010, 06:54 PM
Created new database and tried to import some HH (Stars) using Beta 11 and Beta 14. So much hands are missed like you can see in Results tab (Original HH has 70 hands):

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/4835/screen328.png

netsrak
09-20-2010, 03:27 AM
Please zip and mail the original handhistory files (you find them in the HM archive folder or in the handhistory folder of your poker client) together with a link to this thread and an explanation of the problem to support@holdemmanager.net. We will then try to reproduce the problem.

PokerZombi
09-20-2010, 05:09 PM
Updated to a newer Postgresql. Will report back whether I get corrupt DBs.