PDA

View Full Version : New Laptop, lost all HEM data

bduncan13
09-15-2010, 04:19 PM
Hey guys just had a quick question, i had ~200k hands logged into my HEM on my old laptop, long story short my laptop screen is shattered and i just purchased a new laptop. What is the best option to get these hand histories back? Should i email stars for my entire hand histories? Is this a possibility?

Is there something i could possibly take off my old laptop via USB port or something to import the hands to my HEM on the new laptop? Im really only concerned about Pokerstars stats because this is where i play 100% of my poker, but it def makes me -EV having played thousands of hands with these regs to now have to start back at square 1.

Would really appreciate any insight or what you deem the best viable option for me to get my HEM database back.

Patvs
09-15-2010, 06:06 PM
Easy option: just email Stars and they'll sent you the handhistory of every hand you've ever played.

Alternative: do you still have access to the harddisk of the broken laptop?--> copy your old HMArchive folder to USB--> and reimport the hands you have in there.

bduncan13
09-15-2010, 07:14 PM
yea i do have access still, thats exactly what i needed to know, i have an HDMI cord that allows me to plug laptop into my tv to use as a monitor, so your saying all i would need to do is copy the HMArchive onto the USB, and then import it onto my new laptop?

where would i need to play the HMarchive folder when i put it onto my new laptop?

Patvs
09-15-2010, 07:59 PM
Just copy it to the same location.
Default: C:\HMArchive
And run a "import from folder" on it.

bduncan13
09-15-2010, 08:01 PM
thanks man, appreciate it