PDA

View Full Version : pot odds

MassaTheChamp
09-15-2010, 06:25 AM
Hi!

Is it be possible to have pot odds displayed when analyzing hands with SNGWiz? Like in the HM hand history replayer?

It's quite annoying having to calculate odds every time... Pot odds also have quite an impact on SNGWizards suggestions, so it would be cool if they were displayed,,,

;=)

SitNGo Wizard
09-20-2010, 04:06 PM
I will consider it, but I'm not sure if pot odds make much sense in ICM equity mode.

MassaTheChamp
09-21-2010, 07:48 AM
Hmmm, that's true, everything is messed up in ICM mode :p

But pot odds have an effect on the whole thing.
And if you see them right there it's easier to gain a feel for the ICM imho.

thx for consideration

MassaTheChamp
11-19-2010, 02:35 PM
When you bet you are, of course, trying to win the money that is already in the pot. How often do you have to win this profitable. Clearly not everytime - if it costs you 10 to bet and there is 100 in the pot, then you'd be able to be wrong 9 times out of 10 and still break even. This is the essence of the pot odds: You're paying a fraction to win a larger sum. If you're more likely to win than you have to pay, then your bet/call is a winning move in the long run.

The question wasn't what are pot odds :D

fabianbranson
12-01-2010, 07:47 AM
I think no you can't, because of the reason that PT3 reads the information after the hand has finished and so does not display anything related to the current hand. This is considered too close to breaking most sites terms and conditions, plus having to display information that immediately would make the HUD much more processor intensive and slow things down significantly.