PDA

View Full Version : Hem Backup, am i screwed?

TheGonza
12-18-2012, 08:40 PM
kinda pissed due to the facti've had this database for over 4 years and nearly 1 million hands of my play in here which may be lost forever.

I recently decided to reinstall windows 7, thought to use hems backup feature which i have used many times before, i'm left with the .hembk file, i didnt save the archived folders to usb sicne i didnt need them last time, i reinstall windows put hem in restore mode and them i get the following errors when i start hem up:

first of all it tells me i need to update database i click update

then i get ''an error occured: error 42P01: relation ''playerhandscashkeycolumns' does not exsist''

followed by the following error

''an error occured updating your DB (Tounrey Number):ERROR 42P01: relation playerhandstotourneykeycolumns''

I reinstall hem, this time i chose not to save any filters or configurations just a clean back up and i get the same messages again.

i then go in to the database management tool, click the databse and try and export hands in to my desktop folder.
i'm then greeted with

an error occured reading the hand histories: error 42703: column ''site id'' does not exsist

So am i screwed?

TheGonza
12-18-2012, 10:31 PM
Never mind, I fixed it - well i say 'fixed' I luckily had the dropbox software running and it saved the other copy in the cloud server, so happy i exported it in to that folder, before my usb pern corrupted it seemed, now back to playing, to anyone with this problem or not, get a cloud server whatever brand it is, saved my ass this time.

Patvs
12-18-2012, 11:22 PM
You really ALSO needed to have backuped your archive folder.

Suggestion: Options--> Database Management--> Connect--> Select your Database--> (set it as default)--> EXPORT HANDS, so you'll have a backup again of all the handhistories.