PDA

View Full Version : PostgreSQL on windows7 HELP

flxz
09-11-2010, 03:41 PM
Hi all,

I have some problem installing corectly the PostgrSQL tool in the combo installer on HEM.

I have search plenty of solution on the web and forum but i cant still use my brand new HEM.

Can someone send me a easy step by step guide for instal HEMand PostgreSQL?

or making a quick session by controlling my computer?

Your help will be so mutch apreciate!

Thank you,

Flxz

flxz
09-11-2010, 10:03 PM
help someone plz?

i'll pay for a solution that work!

Patvs
09-12-2010, 12:39 AM
The secondary logon service is a standard windows service which is available on every windows computer. In the latest versions it is not started automatically. You need to start it via control panel > administrative tools > services. Starting it once should insure it works in the future also.

Which error do you get exactly during installation??

click on Start and go to Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt

* If you are on Vista, rightclick and choose "Run as Administrator".

A black box should appear. Type 'net user postgres /del' (without the quotes) and press enter.

The user is now deleted and you can (re)install PostgreSQL.

Download SQL 8.4.4 from PostgreSQL: The world's most advanced open source database (http://www.postgresql.org) and install it.
Try 8.3.11 on a different port number if 8.4 fails.

flxz
09-14-2010, 08:19 PM
i do evrything that you send me but it's still not working.

Can you please conect on msn or answer my email plz?

Is anyone having the same issue?

Patvs
09-15-2010, 03:32 AM
pm sent

sergiocool
09-15-2010, 10:20 AM
have the same problem on windows 7.
After installing HEM and SQL with the combo installer I'm getting the error: "Sorry, could not install PostgreSQL." If I click on details I'm getting the following information: "Connection to database failed: --> could not connect to server: Connection refused.
when launching it says: the following error occurred when trying to open the database:FATAL: 3D000: database "hm" doesnt exist.
the windows is brand new, the fire wall is "mcafee".

sergiocool
09-15-2010, 10:23 AM
im not good at computers, i would be glad to see the detailed answer. if possible.

Patvs
09-15-2010, 06:03 PM
The secondary logon service is a standard windows service which is available on every windows computer. In the latest versions it is not started automatically. You need to start it via control panel > administrative tools > services. Starting it once should insure it works in the future also.

Which error do you get exactly during installation??

click on Start and go to Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt

* If you are on Vista, rightclick and choose "Run as Administrator".

A black box should appear. Type 'net user postgres /del' (without the quotes) and press enter.

The user is now deleted and you can (re)install PostgreSQL.

Download SQL 8.4.4 from PostgreSQL: The world's most advanced open source database (http://www.postgresql.org) and install it.
Try 8.3.11 on a different port number if 8.4 fails.

flxz
09-16-2010, 01:07 PM
I live in Canada and i will like to know when we can make a online meeting for fixing that probleme. Email me plz

vlsup
09-16-2010, 03:23 PM
btw, if someone has russian Windows7 and his username there contains cyrillic symbols - it is impossible to install Postgres 8 at all
the workaround is to create new comp user with english name, give him all admin rights, log on with this account and install Postgres. After that you can forget this new user forewer.