PDA

View Full Version : Error Message when trying to open PGAdmin III

jacksoncmj
09-11-2010, 02:22 PM
I've gone through most of the threads and haven't found any addressing this issue. I would like to vaccuum my db but when I try to launch PGAdmin III I get "pgadmin III - PostgreSQL tools has stopped working: a problem caused the program to stop working correctly". I don't have any problems running HEM but PGAdmin III won't run. I've tried running as admin (Win 7) but I get the same message. I also found another post that said I had to go into a bin file and turn everything to true. I did this but still receive the same error. My db is getting large and I would really like to run the admin.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Patvs
09-12-2010, 12:16 AM
Which SQL version do you have?
If 8.4--> download the 8.4.4 update from PostgreSQL: The world's most advanced open source database (http://www.postgresql.org)

If 8.3--> do the same with 8.3.11

jacksoncmj
09-12-2010, 01:39 PM
I upgraded to 8.4.4 and I still receive the same error message. I was able to perform a backup after the upgrade. I wasn't able to do this before the upgrade.

Any other suggestions?

Patvs
09-13-2010, 12:02 AM
How did you perform the backup?
With the HM backup & restore utility?

But pgAdminIII won't start on its own?

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

jacksoncmj
09-13-2010, 09:32 PM
Yes. I did the backup through HEM Backup/Restore feature. It wouldn't let me do this before. It would give me an error message on one of the last steps (I didn't write it down).

I'm using Windows 7 and CA Security Center. I tried to run PGadmin as admin also and got the same message. Not sure what to do.

netsrak
09-14-2010, 04:26 AM
Please download and install the latest pgadmin version from pgAdmin: PostgreSQL administration and management tools (http://www.pgadmin.org)

jacksoncmj
09-14-2010, 06:29 PM
Done. Same result. I get the same error as before. Now that I've done the HEM backup should I try a complete uninstall/install of HEM? If I do will I need to uninstall Postgres separately?

Not really sure what else to do. I don't want my db to get too big and not be able to run pgadmin.

netsrak
09-15-2010, 03:50 AM
pgadmin and postgresql has nothing to do with Holdemmanager. So don't touch your Holdemmanager installation.

You should try to uninstall pgadmin and reinstall it. If that doesn't work try to search in their forums for the specific error message you get.

If that doesn't help you can try to uninstall postgresql and reinstall it. After this restore your database backup.