PDA

View Full Version : Importing both old and new ipoker hands

kotkis
07-20-2008, 07:23 PM
I recently had to reformat my system and I'm now in the process of installing everything over again. I tried taking a backup of my HEM-database but for some reason when I try restoring it I get a bunch of errors in postgresql and I can't figure why (maybe a topic for another thread if this is going to be too inconvenient).

But no worries, I still have all of my old handhistory files saved on my computer in one big mess of a folder. I tried importing these files, and HEM does import them, but when I look at my reports-page it shows me as having played way more hands than I have and having more profit than I should have. Then I realized that ipoker changed its handhistory format at one point, so those old handhistories must be screwing something up. I don't remember when ipoker switched the hh-format though. What should be my course of action to restoring my old handhistories into this new computer?

Rvg72
07-21-2008, 08:26 PM
I think the problem is with the backuo - restore. I have heard other people say that their database has doubled up many hands. I'd suggestusing DBControlPanel to export all your hand histories and then reimport them all back into a brand new database (which DBControlPanel can create)

Roy