PDA

View Full Version : TN and HEM HUD not compatible...:-(

SourDough101
09-10-2010, 11:33 PM
I have read the FAQ and have a minimum one line HUD, that does not occlude the cards or anything else. I have the Stars 'No Images' theme selected in Stars, and TN. And yet....

If I play 8 tables - all is fine. After that, it gets shaky. If I have 10 to 16 tables going - with the HUD, then I get severe lag - video glitches, a huge cluster@@#$ that quitting table manager, or HEM corrects! I can play up to 20 tables with just TN running before it gets laggy. Any way to correct/troubleshoot this? Very frustrating. I like TN, (am currently half way through my trial), but the whole point is to multi table, and without the HUD I am running blind. :-(

Fool
09-11-2010, 08:45 PM
There are a few things you can do to increase performance. First would be to disable frames in TableNinja and UAC in Windows. Also make sure to vaccum your postgresql database. Disabling graphical effects in Windows can also go a long way. Type "performance information and tools" in the start menu search. Then click the visual effects link. Select "Custom" then enable only the box marked "enable desktop composition". Let me know if this doesn't seem to help.

austinw21
09-22-2010, 02:11 PM
I have read the FAQ and have a minimum one line HUD, that does not occlude the cards or anything else. I have the Stars 'No Images' theme selected in Stars, and TN. And yet....

If I play 8 tables - all is fine. After that, it gets shaky. If I have 10 to 16 tables going - with the HUD, then I get severe lag - video glitches, a huge cluster@@#$ that quitting table manager, or HEM corrects! I can play up to 20 tables with just TN running before it gets laggy. Any way to correct/troubleshoot this? Very frustrating. I like TN, (am currently half way through my trial), but the whole point is to multi table, and without the HUD I am running blind. :-(

I am having similar problems lately. I thought it might be a recent Stars or Windows update; I reinstalled both but still can't play more than 6 tables without lag/screen freezing, video glitches(can't see any cards). The problem goes away when I turn TN off.

I've been using HEM and TN for a while without any problems until last week. I'm running XP SP3 with 160GB HD, 1GB RAM. Do you think I can increase my performance by adding more RAM?

Fool
09-22-2010, 09:01 PM
Definately more RAM will help as I think your below the miminum specs for TableNinja. There may be another conflict though. Eliminating all potential problems from your settings and configuring TableNinja for speed may allow you to get by though its hard to say. If this is a laptop or if the instalation of Windows is several years old it may be to slow. Please post or .zip and attach a copy of the following files and I'll check them over for errors:

1) Your TNLog and TNConfigAutoLoad files. You will find them in C:\Program Files\TableNinja

2) A screen shot of the table with your HUD displayed. See instructions at Capture a Screen Shot of your Desktop or the Active Window in Windows (http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm).