PDA

View Full Version : Getting this message when trying to install PostgreSQL

NickeG
10-25-2008, 10:31 PM
Hi i recently installed HM and have a problem now. It worked and everyting just fine before, but now after I have tried to connect it to eyepoker, I somehow uninstalled my old PostgreSQL because it didn't work correctly I belive. And now I can't run HM because something about PostgreSQL and when I'm trying to install it I get this error message where you're creating your account.

Invalid username specified. (then it says but in swedish) Loginfailed: Unknown username or wrong password.

I also tried to put in a new account name and password and I got further in the installation, but on the last step of the instalation they're telling me I need to make a backup or something on my old database(which I think I uninstalled?) This is so messed up, hope you can help me

also I'm not that good with computers that's why I'm seeking help. / Niklas

morny
10-26-2008, 07:59 AM
If your using this version http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate1.06.04beta.exe and you enter the incorrect username or password HM will prompt to ask you do you want to configure it to acept any password, please select yes for this.

If you have any further errors after this post the exact error

Patrik
11-02-2008, 08:25 AM
Interesting. First I thought this thread was started by me in the past. I had the same problems with postgresql when I tried HM (free version) a long time ago.

Therfore I should want to know if Nickes problems has been fixed.

As I understand mornys advise is about HM but the problem is postgresql.

I am neither good at computers but I asked them who understand computers and they didnt understand why postgresql failed. I found a couple of step to step instructions concerning my problem but it didnt help. I never got postgresql installed correctly (installed at all). My first username/password remained somewhere in the background and was a insurmountable hindrance for a reinstallation. This is the only thing that prevent me from buying HM.

fabio
11-02-2008, 08:49 AM
The second error message basically says that you have an existing "data" folder under C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL that needs to be deleted (note, your old database will be gone then)

Patrik
11-07-2008, 09:50 PM
I tried again to install postgresql. Here is the result .

"The password specified was incorrect. Please enter the correct password for the postgrea window user account"

Does anybody exist who can give any useful advise about this?

fabio
11-07-2008, 10:36 PM
please use this postgres version: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/postgresql.zip