PDA

View Full Version : cant connect again and again and again

fuhem
09-10-2010, 04:39 PM
Im well past the point of super monkey tilt. Every 3 days cant connect hem. erase postwhatever, reinstall everything, 3 days go by same fing thing!!!

Now I cant reinstall postdlhglah. Says it cant rename file or somesht. I erased it, whats to rename??????

I tried the postgres fix but i cant save that cause i need admin approval? I login on admin same thing, needs admin approval????????????

What am i missing?? When will there be a real fix that last for more then 3 days?????

Please help before my comp joins my mouse in comp heaven.................

netsrak
09-11-2010, 06:57 AM
Seems like something on your system kills the postgresql service.

Which firewall and other security software, tuning, antispyware, registry cleaner etc. are you using?

Which operating system?

fuhem
09-11-2010, 02:16 PM
win 7, avira anti, win firewall.

Patvs
09-12-2010, 12:15 AM
You already murdered your mouse?

in Control Panel--> Users--> turn OFF the Windows User Account Control and reboot.

The secondary logon service is a standard windows service which is available on every windows computer. In the latest versions it is not started automatically. You need to start it via control panel > administrative tools > services. Starting it once should insure it works in the future also.

Now reinstall PostgreSQL on a new port. So if you constantly have problems with SQL 8.4 on port 5432 (=default installation)

click on Start and go to Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt

* If you are on Vista, rightclick and choose "Run as Administrator".

A black box should appear. Type 'net user postgres /del' (without the quotes) and press enter.

The user is now deleted and you can (re)install PostgreSQL.

--- download SQL 8.3.11 from PostgreSQL: The world's most advanced open source database (http://www.postgresql.org) and install it to port 5433

fuhem
09-12-2010, 10:15 PM
lets just say the mouse had an unfortunate accident. Like it accidently flew across the room into pieces? Dont know what gets into them at times?

Anyways will try this out when i get some time to mess with this, ty

fuhem
09-12-2010, 10:23 PM
I dont have a windows user account? I have guest and host? I dont see admin tools in control panel. Is it somewhere else?

fuhem
09-12-2010, 10:57 PM
I did the command prompt and changed the port. Now holdem manager wont start. It just acts like it loading something but nadda..meh

Patvs
09-12-2010, 11:53 PM
Open dbcontrolpanel.exe (in the HoldemManager forum)
and change the port --> connect
Can you connect to postgres?

fuhem
09-13-2010, 12:56 AM
I dunno what happened but it loaded and I connected under the new port. Did a new database, then restored. and so far so good. By crumb it works:)!!!!!! fingers coss, knocks on wood. TY for the help!!!!