PDA

View Full Version : feature request: improved "automatically take a seat" functionality

tundra
09-08-2010, 08:17 PM
I am a cash game player and have found TableNinja to be a big help and a great purchase. There is only one shortcoming of the software that has proven to be an annoyance to me, and perhaps it would be easy to modify for future versions.

The "Automatically take a seat" checkbox under the "Opening/Closing" tab is very useful for me when opening new games or coming into games off of the waitlist, and I would like to keep it checked all the time during my session for these reasons.

However, if I am joining a game where there is more than one seat available, I would like to be able to strategically select the seat of my choice rather than be automatically placed in one by this feature.

As it is now, I have to go to TableNinja and uncheck this box before I open a table with multiple open seats, which is quite inconvenient in that it is a distraction while playing other tables, I have to remember to re-check it afterwards, and the seats I may have wanted might be taken by the time I uncheck the box.

Would it be possible to add an additional option to change this functionality into "Automatically take a seat if exactly one seat is available"? That way, this feature is still as useful and efficient when coming off of waiting lists or when starting most games, but allows the additional option for the player when the choice of seats is available.

Fool
09-08-2010, 11:19 PM
This is an excellent suggestion but from the way TableNinja is coded right now it would be difficult to add. We may be able to add a hotkey toggle for it in a future update. I'll be sure to pass the suggestion to the developers and they can consider how best to impliment.