PDA

View Full Version : HM crashes due to memory flood.

coelho
10-25-2008, 03:13 PM
At this moment I have 160k hands in HM. When i click HANDS and SHOW ALL HANDS, CPU use of HM goes to 50% and memory use goes above 1.6gb! Then I get a red cross true the field where hands suppose to be displayed, and a popup of Microsoft .NET Framework says there's an unexpected error, type System.OutOfMemoryException.

Something you can do about it? Something I can do about it to give you some insights into this problem?

morny
10-26-2008, 10:15 AM
Can you try reinstalling .net framework and let me know if the problem persists http://208.109.95.123/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=14

coelho
10-26-2008, 10:53 AM
Can you try reinstalling .net framework and let me know if the problem persists http://208.109.95.123/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=14
To be sure: does this affect my DB in any way? Or is the DB, DB logins etc. stored on a complete different location?

edit:

It seems I have 7 .NET installations (config/software):
.NET 1.1
.NET 1.1 dutch language pack
.NET 1.1 hotfix
.NET 2.0 dutch
.NET 2.0 sp1
.NET 3.0 dutch
.NET 3.0 sp1

Do I need to delete everything? And why installing 2.0 (according to the link you gave me?) when 3.0 is the latest?

morny
10-26-2008, 03:05 PM
You probably have Vista by the looks of it, if so you cant uninstall or delete them. .net framework wont effect any database info or logins, PostgreSQL works with 2.0 so just uninstall and reinstall that please

coelho
10-27-2008, 06:53 AM
First of all, I am running XP.

I de-installed everything, re-installed .NET2.0 and run the same exercise. However, result was the same: Memory use climbing to 1.6gb and than a popup with fatal exemption message.

Any other suggestions?

deafsheep
10-27-2008, 08:10 AM
First of all, I am running XP.

I de-installed everything, re-installed .NET2.0 and run the same exercise. However, result was the same: Memory use climbing to 1.6gb and than a popup with fatal exemption message.

Any other suggestions?

My suggestion is that you PC + .NET just cannot show you 160K hands in one grid. It's pretty normal, to be honest.
If it would be 2K then yes, it a bug. As it is a 160K, it takes a lot of memory, and so it breaks.
Btw why you need to show all 160K hands in one grid?

coelho
10-27-2008, 08:32 AM
My suggestion is that you PC + .NET just cannot show you 160K hands in one grid. It's pretty normal, to be honest.
If it would be 2K then yes, it a bug. As it is a 160K, it takes a lot of memory, and so it breaks.
Btw why you need to show all 160K hands in one grid?
I was wondering for my biggest win and loss hands ever. Then I walked into this problem. It's ok to me when it is impossible in HM, but because this product is still in ongoing development I thought it could be helpful to mention this 'bug'. If we must conclude that it is a hardware problem, so be it.

morny
10-27-2008, 11:27 AM
I missed the fact that you were trying to load "all hand", thought you were trying to just load the stats for 160k when you got the problem. If you had a high spec machine youd probably get away with maybe, but any lower spec machine is likely to struglle with this amount, what you could try is deleteing as many of the coumns so youve only 1 or 2 left so it will have less to display but you might want to try and use filters to locate these hands like Final Pot Size is bigger than X or soemthing similar which will filter out small pot hands you dont need to see

deafsheep
10-27-2008, 12:32 PM
I missed the fact that you were trying to load "all hand", thought you were trying to just load the stats for 160k when you got the problem. If you had a high spec machine youd probably get away with maybe, but any lower spec machine is likely to struglle with this amount, what you could try is deleteing as many of the coumns so youve only 1 or 2 left so it will have less to display but you might want to try and use filters to locate these hands like Final Pot Size is bigger than X or soemthing similar which will filter out small pot hands you dont need to see

That's a strange suggestion as it seems to me:) Why not just filter out all hands where pot < 20bb It will solve his problem as number of hands will decrease a lot, but still biggest wins/loses will be kept.

morny
10-27-2008, 01:07 PM
Well it was just a general suggestion the same as yours which will filter out lots of hands he has no interest in seeing, he only wants the biggest pots in 160k hands so hell basically be looking for 200bb+ pots (100 each)

If he sets it to Final Pot Size is bigger than 200 for example it will show only big pots or whatever number is suitable to him, there basically the same suggestion