PDA

View Full Version : Unable to read data from the transport connection

Reynold
07-20-2008, 06:09 PM
Don't know whether it's a bug... I'm afraid not, but don't know where else to post this.

Since just now, when I open HM I get a message stating:
Unable to read data from the transport connection, the external host has disconnected a connection.

I used HM earlier today and haven't done anything with the server or other things connected to HM. As far as I know at least.

Does anyone know what this problem is and, more importantly, how to solve it..?

Thanks in advance for anyone taking the trouble to comment on this.

morny
07-20-2008, 07:21 PM
If your using Vista can you do the following:
http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=73

Also make sure that both holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are running as administrator if you’re using Vista. To do this close down Holdem Manager and the HUD and right click each .exe file and go to properties and look on the second tab to run as administrator. You’ll find the 2 .exe files at the following path: C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager.

Then can you do this:
http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=34

Reynold
07-20-2008, 07:55 PM
Thanks for your response, but I'm not using Vista, I have XP running here. Do any of the solutions you mentioned apply for XP too?

morny
07-20-2008, 08:00 PM
Sorry should have made that clearer just do the one below so:

Then can you do this:
http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=34

Reynold
07-21-2008, 06:23 AM
I walked through the link you gave me and all seemd to be working fine. POSTGre SQL was running and after rebooting and deleting the .pid file, it still doesn't work...

I am not yet using the newest version of HM, I have version 1.05.07. Are there any other solutions available or maybe I can give more specific info if necessary... it really hurts playing without HM... eventhough the HUD doesn't work with BF I still miss it a lot when I play...

Reynold
07-21-2008, 11:26 AM
Thank God I got it up and running again...hopefully it will stay this way.

What solved it...? I really don't know specificcally but I ran Spybot S&D and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and it looks like the last program fixed it.
Thanks for all the help, hopefully it'll stay functioning!

Rvg72
07-21-2008, 06:36 PM
Thanks for the update - I was just about to suggest that this problem is usually due to a firewall / anti virus type program getting in the way of the communication between HM and the Postgresql database

Roy

Haem
09-10-2008, 06:48 PM
I tried to use this advise:
Go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services > Then scroll To PostgreSQL Database Server and make sure it’s started and if not Right click PostgreSQL Database Server and choose start as seen below and try again. and really the servise of posgres wasn't run. I tried to run it and in a minute got a message:
"Posgres 8.2 servise was run and then stopped. Some servises stop automatically if they have nothing to do like journal service and blah-blah-blah..." - (my translation)
What can Ido with it???:confused:

P.S. I have only NOD. Closing doesn't help.

morny
09-11-2008, 11:35 AM
Please try this solution http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=153 however more often than not its a problem between your antivirus/firewall etc blocking the connection

Pe4nuts
09-23-2008, 11:42 PM
Hello,

I have exactly the same problem, the same error message. I haven't uninstalled postgresql, because I would prefer to keep my database alive! I have disabled my firewall and I did the right things with stuff like "run as an administrator" or other control pannel options.

All was OK before it automatically installed me the Windows Vista service pack 1. Just after the installation of the service pack 1 for vista, I had this error message and don't know what to do to fix it...

If someone has an idea please tell me because it's a pain to play without HEM!

Regards

morny
09-24-2008, 11:44 AM
Ive seen this error lots of times and everytime the problem turns out to be either a firewall/antivirus/windows defender etc

Sometimes adding HM to exceptions list will solve the problem but for other people the only solution is to completely uninstall the firewall/antivirus because apparently they still cause problems when they are disabled.

Japking
01-31-2009, 10:23 AM
i had exactly the same problem and did all the things that were described previously in this thread, incl removing all spyware, virus scanners etc and turning off UAC, windows firewall/defender. After i did this i re-installed postgreSQL and it seemed to work at first, but i still run into some problems.

HM starts normally, the HUD works, it imports hands, but when i click on 'cashgame's' or 'players' to look at the stats, i get the error message mentioned above. HM doesnt crash though and the stats on the HUD still update.

Anything you can think of that could solve this?

Tnx

morny
01-31-2009, 12:54 PM
email me and well do a teamviewer session morny@holdemmanager.net