PDA

View Full Version : Questions from a new user

pokerjim
10-25-2008, 03:09 AM
I'm a PT3 user and after hearing about Hold'em Manager on DuecesCracked I decided to give it a try. So far I'm very impressed but I have a few questions.

On this page - http://208.109.95.123/faq/afmmain.aspx?faqid=2
it says the following:

Since this FAQ the following options were also added:

Pre-fetching: This must be selected if you want to be able to see stats while observing. Please note this is not possible on all sites just a couple including Full Tilt, Poker Stars & Ultimate Bet.

Seperator Character: The / symbol by defaul, this is where you choose the symbol to divide the stats on the Hud.

Grid %: TBA

Min Hands for stats: If you dont want to see the stats until there is a minumum amount then set this amount here and the HUD wont show until they have at least that many hands.

The location of the above text implies that these new options are on the Tables Preferences page but I can't find them anywhere. Can you help?

This page - http://208.109.95.123/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=169
discusses importing and exporting HUD layouts and mentions import and export buttons on the Player Preferences page. I don't see these either.

Many popup stats are followed be a number in parentheses. Sometimes the same stat for a different player will not have this number at all. My guess is that this is the total number of hands that that stat applies to and that this number is only displayed when it's less that a certain amount (perhaps 100 since they all seem to be only one or two digit numbers). Of course I like to be sure of this.

Finally, regarding Player Preferences layouts, am I correct in thinking that I need a separate layout for each poker site and for each table format even though I want to see the same stats in all cases? In other words, if I play both 6 handed and 9 handed tables on two sites, I would need 4 different layouts?

I created a simple layout as a test and whenever I opened a new table HM used that layout and I had to change to the correct layout in table manager. Is it possible to assign a specific layout to a site/table format?

Thank you, in advance, for your help

Jim

Mike chops
10-25-2008, 11:08 AM
It looks like the FAQ was editted before changes in the latest beta 1.6.4 are released as a final build.

The number in brackets is the sample the % is based on. So for 3-betting it would be the number of times a player has faced an opening raise. It is not displayed once the sample > 99.

You should be able to use the same layout on different sites. The panel positions will need to be set up, but there shouldn't be any need to make a new configuration of stats.

morny
10-26-2008, 10:33 AM
Yeah i edited that just the other day since i had a bit of spare time, ill edit to say theyre only available with version 1.06.04+ to save confusion