PDA

View Full Version : Still can't register - abandoned by support

hollatime
09-04-2010, 09:20 PM
So I've been working about the past week or so to get my HEM to register after a spyware scan magically made it stop working.

I tried everything in the FAQ, posted on the forums, emailed support, even had a support guy mess around on my PC to no avail...nothing works.

At this point after the support guy installed a bunch of stuff on my PC it's now stuck in "Test" mode or something, and I can't even get a response out of him, and my HEM still doesn't work.

What do I do now?

Patvs
09-05-2010, 12:04 AM
I updated your SERVICE PACK.... and your Windows suddenly displays TEST mode right?

PM me your skype/msn/email how you contacted me.

hollatime
09-05-2010, 04:32 AM
Done

hollatime
09-05-2010, 09:39 PM
bump

hollatime
09-06-2010, 03:09 PM
bump

Patvs
09-06-2010, 11:07 PM
I sent your email to the other support staff.

Fozzy also suggested you should format C:/reinstall Windows.

hollatime
09-07-2010, 12:54 PM
I sent your email to the other support staff.

Fozzy also suggested you should format C:/reinstall Windows.

Thanks. As I've stated a few times though, reinstalling isn't really an option right now and seems like overkill tbh.

The Minder
09-07-2010, 08:12 PM
Providing you're running a legitimate copy of Windows (hey man, don't shoot the messenger) I would try:

1. Boot into safe mode if you can. I've never heard of 'test mode' except with an old method of pirating Windows XP Pro. If you can get into safe mode, can you now access the system restore function? If so, revert back to a restore point before this all went to hell in a handbag.

2. If you can access safe mode but can't access the system restore or don't have a restore point, try this. Start > Run and then type 'cmd' into the dialog box and then press the enter key. This will open a DOS window for you. Keep your original Windows CD handy and type 'sfc /scannow' (without the quotes) onto the command line prompt and press the enter key. Windows should now go and check every system file to make sure it is either an original or has been legitimately updated. It may ask you to enter your original Windows CD so that it can copy a clean version of a 'bad' file. You won't loose data.

3. If you can't access safe mode (or 'normal' mode), then re-installation of Windows is your best option.

Hope some of that helps.