PDA

View Full Version : Imported 1.6m hands and now it wont start

Lundin89
09-04-2010, 12:55 PM
I started out on a new network and got 1.6 million hands by a friend of mine. I imported them without any problems yesterday and then turned off the comp to sleep for work. Now when I've gotten home it just says "Holdem Manager is not working, close or search for errors?" The windows that is. It wont even get past the first loading window. What do I do to solve this without deleting all those hands?

Patvs
09-05-2010, 12:23 AM
Update to http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Hm_1.11.05_Beta.exe

Create a NEW database. Reimport the hands.

first read:
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/11194-top-10-hem-performance-increase-tips.html

Lundin89
09-05-2010, 12:56 PM
Didn't create a new database, got it running anyway somehow. Now it's importing those 1.6m hands over and over again only seeing em as duplicates, how do I make it stop?

netsrak
09-05-2010, 01:48 PM
Are you using the auto-import for importing this hands?

Move the files to a different folder and make sure that the archive folder (default c:\hmarchive) is not configured to the same subfolder hierarchy as the auto-import folder.

Lundin89
09-05-2010, 02:46 PM
Yeah, auto-import. I can find the archive folder yes, but I don't quite get what you mean with that configured stuff, please explain for a person not that handy with computers.

My problem is simply that it keeps importing same files over and over again even though it already has them!

Patvs
09-05-2010, 04:50 PM
Manually move the handhistories from your auto import folders to your archive folder (default: c:/HMArchive)

Don't add the archive folder as a auto import folder

Lundin89
09-05-2010, 04:56 PM
Manually move the handhistories from your auto import folders to your archive folder (default: c:/HMArchive)

Don't add the archive folder as a auto import folder

I've done that, and the program is still doing it! It's importing the same hands over and over again even though it already has them, every single one of em are "Duplicate Hands".

I haven't done anything strange at all, I got the hands in a zip file from a friend. And since I wanted to add them I just put them in my own hand history folder and the program started to import them. After like 7h it was finally done but now it keeps importing em again even though I've moved the files to HMArchive, restarted the comp and the program. I guess I don't mind it doing that if it wouldn't be for my now nonexistant HUD.

How do I solve this? Can't be the first time it has occured.

Patvs
09-05-2010, 05:44 PM
Next time a friend sents you hands--> instead of dumping them in one of your auto import folders. And starting the auto import.

Run a "import from folder" on them.

I'm pretty sure the handhistory files are STILL in the folder you copied them to.
(or other files are stuck in one of your auto import folders, and haven't been properly moved to the archive folder)

Can you post your holdemmanager.conf file.

Lundin89
09-06-2010, 03:58 AM
Okay, I won't use auto import next time. I guess I just did that because it was simple...

But as far as I know the hands aren't in my own hand history folder any longer.

I think I sent the right file here, otherwise just tell me.

Patvs
09-06-2010, 11:03 PM
Attach the holdemmanager.conf file in the /Config folder

Lundin89
09-07-2010, 05:45 AM
Attach the holdemmanager.conf file in the /Config folder

There.

Patvs
09-07-2010, 10:57 PM
D:\Program Files (x86)\Full Tilt Poker\HandHistory,True,True,D:\Program Files (x86)\Full Tilt Poker\HandHistory\Archive

The archive folder can't be a subfolder of you import folder.

Set the archive to something like D:/HMArchive