PDA

View Full Version : Copy HandHistory Archives to a new computer

drew
09-04-2010, 01:02 AM
I have a new computer running Windows 7. Should I simply copy and paste the content of the HandHistoryArchives folder into the HMArchive folder HEM set up automatically on the new computer Local Disk (C). The old computer archive folder contains 2 sub-folders: 2009 and 2010. The new computer HMArchive contains only the folder 09. The old computer has an 09 subfolder inside the 2010. How can I merge these these two archives and get HEM to see it?
Thanks, drew

netsrak
09-04-2010, 09:20 AM
The archive is not the database which HM uses, its just a backup copy.

Copy the hands to your new computer, the folder doesn't really matter.
Import all your old hands from this folders into your database via import file or import from folder.

drew
09-04-2010, 11:46 AM
:confused:
The HandHistory folders on the old computer appear to be empty (0 bytes) but I receive long term statistics on players I encounter frequently, so the hand histories are somewhere. It would be helpful if you told me (or referred me) to some instructions on where to find hand histories on the old computer and where to paste them on the new computer. thanks, drew

fozzy71
09-04-2010, 10:00 PM
Your \HMArchive is likely not in your \Holdem Manager directory. We normally suggest you use C:\HMArchive, but you may have put it anywhere.

To verify the location: Options > Configure Auto Import Folders > Edit > Archive Folder: ___________________

FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Warning: You have XXX Hand History Files in your Auto Import Folders (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/119/Warning:+You+have+XXX+Hand+History+Files+in+your+A uto+Import+Folders)

The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HMArchive\2009\07\31).