PDA

View Full Version : HUD settings wiped, trying to recover

ibanezRG
09-03-2010, 03:00 PM
Earlier today I opened up HEM, logged into pokerstars but my HUD was crashing (the windows error message you get, do you want to send a report etc.). I went into "player preferences" and the "choose configuration" box was blank, no configs listed when i clicked it and then the player preferences window itself crashed. As far as I know I haven't changed any settings on my computer, played on it fine yesterday.

I copied my config folder from C:/Program files etc., reinstalled HEM and copied the new settings in again, but had the same problem. So eventually I reinstalled HEM and left the settings as they were originally and it comes up with the default HUD options. The HUD works fine now, but I'd like to recover my old HUD settings if I can.

I still have the old config folder backed up, and when i go into the current config folder in the C drive it has text files named after my old HUD configurations, but they won't show up inside the player preferences window. Is there any way I can recover them?

netsrak
09-04-2010, 10:56 AM
Something in your old configuration is corrupt and causes HM to crash. So i'm not sure whether you can recover anything.

If you want to try:
- close HM
- copy the files prefs.xml and the .pop and .txt files with the hud and popup names from your old config folder to the new one.
- start HM and try again.
- if it crashes again you need to create new huds from scratch.

ibanezRG
09-04-2010, 05:21 PM
Ok. Assuming I do that and everything works will making a copy of the new config folder back all the HUD settings up?

fozzy71
09-04-2010, 09:12 PM
Yes, the \config folder contains the holdemmanager.config that has most of your basic settings and the prefs.xml which contains your various HUDs and settings. You should still export any/all custom HUDs individually as a means of backup in case the prefs.xml file ever becomes damaged or lost.

redeyedtroll
09-05-2010, 01:05 AM
Something in your old configuration is corrupt and causes HM to crash. So i'm not sure whether you can recover anything.

If you want to try:
- close HM
- copy the files prefs.xml and the .pop and .txt files with the hud and popup names from your old config folder to the new one.
- start HM and try again.
- if it crashes again you need to create new huds from scratch.

I have the same problem and I don't understand your solution.

Importing works, but, the program HmHud will not work and crashes when opened. When trying to make a new HUD configuration, all fields are blank; there isn't even a default config to work with. Making a new config fails, as well. The program won't accept the name given to the new config, even though it has only letters.

I've reinstalled HEM several times with no success. The files you mentioned above above do exist in my \config folder.

netsrak
09-05-2010, 02:14 PM
Sorry, but I don't understand you.
You wrote earlier that the Hud is working with the default configuration. If it is crashing when you restore your configuration this is corrupt somehow.
Please define a new hud configuration via the player preferences.

redeyedtroll
09-05-2010, 02:34 PM
Sorry, but I don't understand you.
You wrote earlier that the Hud is working with the default configuration. If it is crashing when you restore your configuration this is corrupt somehow.
Please define a new hud configuration via the player preferences.

Assuming this was directed to me...

When I click "Start Auto Importing" hands will be imported into HEM. Table Manager pops up, too. Cool. I see this happening in the Reports and Graphs tabs.

However, I have no HUD suddenly. Going to HUD Options --> Player Preferences yields problems. There are no configurations to choose from. Not even a default. In an attempt to start over, I tried to make a new config by selecting "New Config." A pop-up wanted me to name the config that contained only letters and numbers - regardless of what I name a new configuration, HEM tells me that my choice is invalid with the error "Name contains unacceptable characters." When trying a second time, I get an error message that begins with "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click continue..."

I don't mind losing the HUD configuration I had before this error. I can make a new one, provided I have that option.

Hope that made more sense.

fozzy71
09-05-2010, 05:32 PM
Change your DPI Scaling to 96/Normal - Windows Vista DPI scaling: my Vista is bigger than your Vista – istartedsomething (http://www.istartedsomething.com/20061211/vista-dpi-scaling/)

1) Close HM and the Table Manager. Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Hm_1.11.05_Beta.exe
2) Export any custom HUD configs and Copy/Paste your \Config folder before deleting any files as a backup.
3) Delete your existing HUD Prefs files, so HM will rebuild them to default. If you have any custom HUD's export them first and/or copy the \config folder to back them up.
4) Delete > \Holdem Manager\Config\prefs.xml. If you want to reset your HUD panel positions also, delete: pospref.txt, and pospref2.txt, and pospref4.txt.
5) Start HM< Auto Import, Open the Table Manager, and test on a single cash table.

redeyedtroll
09-05-2010, 06:03 PM
Change your DPI Scaling to 96/Normal - Windows Vista DPI scaling: my Vista is bigger than your Vista – istartedsomething (http://www.istartedsomething.com/20061211/vista-dpi-scaling/)

1) Close HM and the Table Manager. Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Hm_1.11.05_Beta.exe
2) Export any custom HUD configs and Copy/Paste your \Config folder before deleting any files as a backup.
3) Delete your existing HUD Prefs files, so HM will rebuild them to default. If you have any custom HUD's export them first and/or copy the \config folder to back them up.
4) Delete > \Holdem Manager\Config\prefs.xml. If you want to reset your HUD panel positions also, delete: pospref.txt, and pospref2.txt, and pospref4.txt.
5) Start HM< Auto Import, Open the Table Manager, and test on a single cash table.

Worked perfectly. Thanks!