PDA

View Full Version : Failed to establish connection 127.0.0.1

spoutnic
09-03-2010, 12:54 PM
Im desperate. i have been looking into the forum for 4 hours now.

I have a new computer with win 7. I installed postgresql 8.4.4. They asked a my password??? Its a fresh install. I solved this with the ms-dos command. I installed hem. i went through fatal error 28000. solved( i think). Now, i get this error when i start hem. My hem was set on run as administrator by default. I installed avira premium, firefox.

I will now uninstall reinstall postgresql while waiting for your answer. thank you

spoutnic
09-03-2010, 12:57 PM
Im having a dedicated hdd for the data folder btw; maybe you need this info

spoutnic
09-03-2010, 01:24 PM
Reinstalled, i have the password problem. please, give me the link on how to bypass it, im desperate.

I bought this cpu to mass multitable without lag. Now, I cannot install the programs.

A big ty for your support.

fozzy71
09-03-2010, 01:48 PM
PT3's default name/password is - postgres/dbpass
HM's default name/password is - postgres/postgrespass

Start HM > Options > Database Management > Password:

If that doesnt help:

1. Go to C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.x\data, move the the pg_hba file to your Desktop and open it with notepad.
2. Scroll to the bottom and change all md5 to trust. Save and close the file
3. Move the file back to the data folder
4. Restart the PostgreSQL service: Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services

HM will accept any password now.

FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Password Issues (PostgreSQL) (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/82/Password+Issues+(PostgreSQL))

If you need to reinstall sql again, try our combo installer first, as it deletes the postgres user so you dont have to do it manually.

1) Uninstall PostgreSQL from the Windows Control Panel.
2) Use our combo installer to reinstall PostgreSQL. Make sure you un-check Holdem Manager during installation. http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Holdem_Manager_Setup.exe

If that installer fails to install PostgreSQL, please reinstall PostgreSQL using the following instructions:
A) Start > Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt > Right-Click > Run As Administrator

net user postgres /delete
B) Reboot.
C) Try installing this version of PostgreSQL - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Postgres_8.3.9-v1.0.7.exe

spoutnic
09-03-2010, 02:43 PM
TY fozzy, i will do that tonight/this morning. The linksss in 1 tread should be useful, to everyone. Maybe we could change the title to" fresh install, dedicated hard drive, windows 7, postgresql 8.4, all problems solved" ?

I tried the combo installer, but you dont have the option to put the data on the dedicated hard drive. Can i use the combo installer and then move the data folder?

I used the one click installer from db enterprise to install the postgresql 8.4.4. I didnt use the one from postgresql web site because its compressed and i dont have programs to uncompressed it. Im paranoid about using freeware (pure poker pc, no possible junk to slow my pc) and dont want to pay for a prog i will use 1 time. I know, maybe db enterprise put some junk, but i try to do something.

I will keep you updated, scan the forum, and post questions when desperate.

TY again

spoutnic
09-04-2010, 06:05 AM
Under Windows 7 you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe to be started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executable's and select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

I copied it from the sticky; i cant find the .exe files mentionned in the search programs and files engine of win 7.

netsrak
09-04-2010, 09:33 AM
You need to use the explorer or open your workplace and open the folder c:\program files(X86)\rvg software\holdemmanager (or a similar folder depending on your windows installation).

spoutnic
09-04-2010, 01:29 PM
Ok. Now, i confirmed my destop icon of hem is run as admin.

1.I changed md5 to trust and saved it.

2.I "4. Restart the PostgreSQL service: Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services". Doesnt work. The green bar fills itself to maybe 20% 2 times and nothing happens.

3.I double click on my hem desktop icon. I get:"The following error occured when trying to open the database: Unable to read data from the transport connexion: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host." ( remember, my data folder is on a seperate hdd)

4.I click ok. I get database control panel. (side note, i have dbpass(and I leave it like that) as preset password; i thought it was the other software default password). I click connect. I have create new database button. i click it. It asks me database name(to create). I call it holdemmanager, leave encoding to utf, click create db. Back to previous window, i can start hem!!! I start it.

5.Weird, my 2nd screen is plugged to my video card, but no electricity, and i get the hem window on my 2nd screen.

I stop here and wait for your support. I went to that step this morning, and restored my db with hem wizard fonction. Instead of "The following error occured when trying to open the database: Unable to read data from the transport connexion: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host" message, i had fatal error 3d000. Then, the same as number 4 happened, but my hem window was on my main screen.

My 16-18 gig database was now 5gig!?

Then, i dont remember why, i closed hem . When i double clicked hem desktop icon(this morning) to restart it, i got the:"Failed to establish connection 127.0.0.1" message.

So now, i will keep my hem window open, wait for your help. I should be around my cpu all afternoon, possibly evening.

I know fozzy suggested me to install postgresql 8.3.9, but my i want to try everything to run 8.4, since it supports 64 bits. I just bought a brand bew i5 2,8ghz, 4gig ram, kickass vid card, dedicated WD 7200 rpm 32meg cache 500gig hdd (sdd makes no sense price wise, and grizy from 2+2 runs 200 gig database on seperate regular hdd without problems) to run hem + table ninjaft without lag. I will install 8.3 if need be, but i strongly feel its more because i use seperate hdd that i have problems.

Thank you for your support, its really appreciated.

PS. To help you guys, i berated poker forum members trying to sell their "2nd" licence, because your are the best and i think its already a steal the full price of your software.

spoutnic
09-04-2010, 01:33 PM
edit, i just reread myself. My english aint perfect.

I stop here and wait for your support. I went to that step this morning, and restored my db with hem wizard fonction. Instead of "The following error occured when trying to open the database: Unable to read data from the transport connexion: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host" message, i had fatal error 3d000.Thats when i doubleclicked my hem desktop icon Then, the same as number 4 happened, but my hem window was on my main screen.

spoutnic
09-04-2010, 05:49 PM
SOLVED! SOLVED!

Here is what i did different. I uninstalled installed postgresql, while keeping hem. (After installing uninstalling both a few times)

I deleted the \postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file.

I already had changed md5 to trust(see above).

I hopes this can help someone