PDA

View Full Version : HEM crashing randomly

mrcleanhands
09-03-2010, 08:08 AM
This has been an ongoing problem with my HEM. It randomly crashes. This always occurs when I'm reviewing hands, but without any sort of consistency.

It can run well for hours, with reviewing hand histories, and other times not.

I've followed all the steps here:
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Crashing Problems With The Hud Or Holdem Manager (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/363/Crashing+Problems+With+The+Hud+Or+Holdem+Manager)

I've updated it. Uninstalled and cleared it, and then reinstalled with a newly downloaded install package.
Graphics card is updated and set to 0% hardware acceleration. And I got rid of all the old config files also.

Any other suggestions?

netsrak
09-04-2010, 09:48 AM
Please give us more details about your system, security software, any other tuning, adware or spyware software, hm version, postgresql version, pokersite, gametype,.... and screenshots of the crash.

mrcleanhands
01-26-2011, 03:14 AM
Pokersite: UB
Software: AVG ANTI VIRUS & AD-AWARE
WINDOWS XP PRO 1gb ram
PostgreSQL 8.4

HM version: 1.11.05e

Started happening again. I'm making sure to maintain my database often by the postgresql pgadmin but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

I think this is often happening when I'm under the "hands" tab and click on refresh to show certain hands. HEM manager memory runs up to 800,000kb, the system completely freezes up and it will stay like that until you force it shut.

Patvs
01-26-2011, 10:34 AM
Update to http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/Hm_1.11.06_Internal.exe

How much Virtual Memory (size SWAP-file) is used on your computer?
XP is updated to Service Pack 3?
Run a manual Windows update and install all updates.

Can you close programs that use lots of memory when using HM + playing poker.
For example close Internet Explorer / Firefox.

Add the PostgreSQL folder to the AVG exceptions list so it will stop monitoring that folder.

mrcleanhands
01-26-2011, 05:37 PM
Ok, I've just upgraded my HEM.

My XP copy is SP3. I just downloaded the latest updates.
Virtual page memory is max 1.6gb.

Re: adding the exception to AVG. How do I do it? AVG asks me to select an executable file but I'm not sure which one? Should I just add HEM? or is there some postgresql file which I should add?

I'll see how it goes.
Thanks!

Patvs
01-27-2011, 06:15 AM
Add
\holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe

postgres.exe, pg_ctl.exe