PDA

View Full Version : Need help determining how often I get called

hypertyper
09-03-2010, 06:30 AM
EDIT: I've finally realised that WTSD only starts counting so to speak once I've seen the flop (whyyyy???????). Is there a solution to my problem?

I want to determin my opponents calling ranges. The basic idea is that I raised and now I want to know what % of the time my opposition called or folded in any particular spot. I'm trying to do this for SNGs rather than cash games.

Can somebody please tell me which report and filters I should use? I've played around for hours and can't find anything meaningful. I thought filtering the hands where I raised and looking at WTSD% would do the trick but that only seems to count when I make it to SD so opponents folding aren't taken into account. If you can provide me with an example for one situation I'm sure I'll be able to modify it.

Allright, before I go up in flames... Here is what I tried:

I essentially followed the instructions from a blog by one of the 2+2 guys. I'm in the tourney reports tab. I set as filters:
- Position: Small Blind
- Action facing player: unopened
- PFR = True
- Flop Bet = False,
- Flop check = False
- Flop Raise = False
- Limp Reraised = False

HM is trying to tell me I have a WTSD% of 99.5%. That would suggest that almost nobody has ever folded to my SB raise or push which is obviously not true. Can somebody please clarify what I'm doing wrong here? Just looking at the first couple of hands displayed on the bottom of the screen it's obvious that I didn't go to showdown a lot, definitely not 99.5% of the time.

I'd really appreciate some help, this is killing me and I don't know whats wrong!

Thanks

Patvs
09-05-2010, 12:48 AM
If you raise... someone folds.. or
you raise.. someone calls.. but he then folds (or you fold) on a later street-->
the hand has no effect on your WTSD

WTSD% assumes you see a river.
It should include all hands where you see a flop and there is a showdown on the river (or you go allin and are called on a earlier street).

Since checking the RIVER (by both opponents)a allowing a showdown rarely happens in super turbo your WTSD% is so high.

It's only 25-27% in regular fullring cashgames.

---

You want to know.. if you push ANY TWO CARDS in the SB... or any Ax on the BTN, or any LOW pocket pair in MP, etc. how often are you called, and which hands call you, right?

Easiest filter: saw showdown = true (or allin preflop = true)
And check the reports tab. Select the POSITION report. And check if you're losing/winning chips for all the different positions.

hypertyper
09-05-2010, 05:46 AM
Patvs, thank you very much for your reply. I was confused because "Went to Showdown" to me seemed to indicate the same thing as "saw showdown". Understanding the difference is the key. You've helped me massively here!