PDA

View Full Version : Strange WTSD% (80%+) - broken databse?

hypertyper
09-02-2010, 03:49 PM
I'm playing around with reports to have a look at some ranges and I'm getting strange results. When I was using filters it seemed that the WTSD% seemed very high but I thought it might be because I'm putting in the wrong filters. I've now cleared all filters and selected the "Overall" report and it's telling me that I have a WTSD% of over 80%! I've also tried adding only the filter by action and select preflop - raise and now it gives me a WTSD% of 95%. That would mean my raises get called 95% of the time?!? I mainly play superturbo SNGs and I'm pretty sure that's wrong.

Any ideas? I've had to re-import all hands when I updated HM and my old database didn't work with the new postgre version but that's just another reason why it should work perfectly. I don't get it.

Maybe somebody has a filter/report I could try to check what's going on?

I've mainly used OH to track my winnings and look at marked hands and the graph seems correct but the reports seem to be total nonsense.

Cheers

Patvs
09-02-2010, 10:21 PM
Super Turbo SNGs... so you play mainly push/fold..
and when you ARE called.. you will see a showdown.

So a 80% Went to Showdown seems normal.

hypertyper
09-03-2010, 02:12 AM
Thanks for the reply. It seems that my understanding of WTSD is wrong. My train of thought was if I filter to hands where I raised, that's the hands I went AI so the % I went to showdown is when I got called. Clearly that's not the case.

What should my filters be if I want to find out the % that I got called when I raised or went AI (preflop)?

Thanks

edit:case closed, it's a user error, I'll make a thread for what I really need.

hypertyper
09-04-2010, 08:32 AM
BUMP
Patvs: You assumed I got called. Does WTSD only start counting if I got called? Why would it? If I raised and didn't see a showdown, I didn't got to showdown so why would it count?

There is no way in hell this statistic is correct! When I go into the reports tab, select Overall as report and clear all filters, I get a WTSD% of 82% and that can't possibly be correct, can it?

Looking at the hands displayed this statistic is completely off. Why would this be so wrong?

Somebody say something!

edit: so I found this in response to asking about WTSD%:
"Yes its went to showdown when saw flop"

Why the hell does it not say this anywhere. I didn't go to showdown even when I didn't see a flop. It makes no sense at all. It solves the mystery but not my problem. FGDSA BTRWAEB$ŁY

Patvs
09-04-2010, 10:56 PM
WTSD% assumes you see a river.
It should include all hands where you see a flop and there is a showdown on the river (or you go allin and are called on a earlier street).

Since checking the RIVER (by both opponents)a allowing a showdown rarely happens in super turbo your WTSD% is so high.

It's only 25-27% in regular fullring cashgames.