PDA

View Full Version : Stats Disappear After Few Hands

minifruit
09-02-2010, 11:49 AM
I created a new DB recently, and for some reason only 80k out of 500k players are in the new DB. I both backed up and restored the old DB into a new one, and exported all the hands from the old one into the new one, so i really have no idea why im missing so many players (and hands).

Given that I want to have the most hands possible on my stats, I stopped using the new DB and tried the old one again. However, the stats are disappearing after a few hands, despite the fact that I have all import folders configured correctly?

Any ideas why this is happening? Could this be caused by a corrupt DB? If my older DB was corrupt, can i back up/ restore it into a new one, or will the new one still be corrupt. I would like to resolve this issue because I have been building my DB for years, and it hurts to know that I have 4k hands on a player, when I see only 500 hands in his stats.

Many thanks support!

Patvs
09-02-2010, 10:06 PM
Did you ever purge hands (deleting the option to replay the hand, keeping the STATS??

Database corruption is a possibility.

On which site did you play most of these hands?
Can you reimport ALL the original handhistories into a NEW database?
500k players... = 8 million hand database? Will take your one night (12 hours) of importing)

minifruit
09-02-2010, 10:52 PM
Did you ever purge hands (deleting the option to replay the hand, keeping the STATS??

Database corruption is a possibility.

On which site did you play most of these hands?
Can you reimport ALL the original handhistories into a NEW database?
500k players... = 8 million hand database? Will take your one night (12 hours) of importing)

I have purged hands before but that should not affect how many players are in my DB, nor should it affect how many hands i have on them for my HUD. Is this correct?

I did export/import all hands into a new DB, and there are still players and hands missing. One thing I noticed, however, is that some of the HH files were empty.

minifruit
09-02-2010, 11:05 PM
In an attempt to get the max stats possible in my hud i tried using the original DB while playing, but only the hero stats are showing, even though i have it configured to show stats for all players, and the import folders are configured too. Can this be because the db is corrupt, and if not, what can i do?

Patvs
09-02-2010, 11:11 PM
Exporting a database... HoldemManager will only export the handhistories in the database (+ the tourny winnings results info)

I don't think it (correctly) exports the player list + player stats, when you've purged the hands those are based on.

Do you have a in pgadminIII created .backup file of the database, when everything was still working just fine? I'd seriously consider to just create a NEW database--> reimport the original handhistories. (and purge what you don't need)--> then create a .backup file in pgadminIII.

Just start by ONLY importing 2010... followed by 2009

minifruit
09-02-2010, 11:21 PM
but what can be the reason for my hud stats just not showing up in one of my dbs? if only i could get it to work, all would be fine.

minifruit
09-02-2010, 11:22 PM
also, i feel like there is an error occuring when i export my hands because it is producing several empty HH folders amongst the hands.

netsrak
09-04-2010, 10:24 AM
Please try a reindex of your database via pgadminIII->maintenance.

minifruit
09-05-2010, 11:19 AM
Please try a reindex of your database via pgadminIII->maintenance.

This seems to have done the trick! Thank you so much. Out of curiosity, can you tell me why the reindex solved the problem?

netsrak
09-05-2010, 02:06 PM
Seems like the relations in your database where corrupt somehow. The reindex fixed it.
Thats why everybody should do regular backups of the database (once a month)