PDA

View Full Version : HM 1 Trial - HUD Stats - Total Hands

AnyBody
12-04-2012, 12:07 PM
I've downloaded the HM 1 trial. In order to purchase the product if I find it worth the money. But...

After doing a whole lot of work in customising my hud and then went on to play I can't see the "Total hands" count. Only the session/table count I'm playing in. After this I've spent (way too much) time trying to find the answer to it and there is none.

Is it so, that in the trial version you can not see the total hands of your opponents? I don't want to waste too much time here anymore, but I donīt find any buttons etc called session stats or a like - do they even exist in the Trial Version of HM1?

Thank you in advance.

Patvs
12-05-2012, 01:16 AM
There are no limitations in the trial version.

The hero stats will always start at zero and reset to 0 if you're moved to a new table.
This is done by design so you can track your image at each table.

The opponent stats will show stats based on all hands you have on them, so either you haven't played them before, or a filter is active: hud options--> additional HUD filters.
Are your hands properly being imported (and they show up in reports) and you're playing on real money tables?

Patvs
12-05-2012, 01:17 AM
HM1 update: http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate_Release_1.12.11_21Nov12.exe

AnyBody
12-05-2012, 06:22 AM
There are no limitations in the trial version.

The hero stats will always start at zero and reset to 0 if you're moved to a new table.
This is done by design so you can track your image at each table.

The opponent stats will show stats based on all hands you have on them, so either you haven't played them before, or a filter is active: hud options: additional HUD filters.
Are your hands properly being imported (and they show up in reports) and you're playing on real money tables?

Ok. I guess, I've understood the HUD completely wrong then. I thought the HUD would display the total history of hands and %'s of my opponent from the past 12 months. So, in short, I will only be able to see the history of the hands of the people I've played up against personally. That's it? Right? Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

My additional HUD filters are 2 min and 10 max to all the player amounts. 12 months old and "include hands from other limits". I play PokerStars. I am playing in real money tables and there are something appearing in my reports - both omaha and hold'em and cash and tourney. But, to tell you the truth, I'm not that keen on reports - I thought I would have a strong profile on my opponent of how they play their poker in general.

But, if I decide to buy your product, how can I assure that all the hands of all my opponents will be saved forever in my HEM database?

P.s. And can you tell me how, when I was searching about the topic around the net, I came accross discussions how some people have 12K+ hands on their opponents stats in tourneys etc? Let me add, that the way it was discussed, it wasn't that they'd played those 12000 hands with that person. Now, how's that possible?

Patvs
12-06-2012, 01:56 AM
Yes, it will show opponent's stats, based on hands you have played against them in the past 12 months.
You can apply a filter on these hands, so it will only show stats based on when you played the same stake, with the same amount of players.

(if you have imported datamined hands, purchased handhistories, etc. these hands will also still be used for the stats)
Also if you observe a table on PokerStars, HoldemManager can 'pre-fetch' 3 hands, so these are hands you weren't involved in personally.

Strong profile: HoldemManager will not magically know your opponent's playing style. The idea is the more hands you have on them, the more accurate the stats will portray their tendencies. Therefore it's essential -even when you didn't own HoldemManager- to always SAVE your handhistories. For example if you play on PokerStars--> Options--> Instant Handhistory Options (in the Pokerclient client), to turn on 'save my hands history'.

Alternatively you can email PokerStars (or Full Tilt) and request the handhistories of ALL the hands you've played in the past.
You can import all these hands into HoldemManager.

If they have 12K+ hands on an opponent there are two scenario's:
-either they actually played those hands against this opponent... which is the most realistic scenario if you mass multi table the same type of STT/SNG. (also very easy with cashgames to accumulate so many hands)
-or they bought handhistories (or on some sites datamined handhistories), or 'share' handhistories (with friends) to build their database.**

**this is officially not allowed by the pokersites.