PDA

View Full Version : Using latest beta version, Full Tilt poker freezing now

wneb
09-01-2010, 09:00 PM
Since installing the beta version as suggested in another thread, full tilt poker has frozen several times costing me well more then the cost of this program.

I need to reinstall the current release version, can I just use the patch? or do i need to do a full reinstall, if i do full reinstall will I need to reconfigure all of my data bases?

Patvs
09-02-2010, 12:04 AM
-1 backup your HUD (by exporting it)
-2 run the full installer (don't reinstall SQL)
the full installer will reset all your "settings"... you will still be able to connect to your old database.

so you'll only have to reimport your HUD, setup your settings again.

---

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

wneb
09-02-2010, 12:52 AM
Vista 64, MSE, Windows Firewall

Pretty sure they all run as adminstrative, but I'll double check when I reinstall

wneb
09-02-2010, 12:51 PM
the option for run as adminstrator for HMImport is greyed out.

Patvs
09-02-2010, 04:13 PM
If you have Vista and the checkboxes are greyed out and you can't select it, please turn UAC on, reboot, and then set the files to run as administrator.

Leak Buster Support
09-02-2010, 08:37 PM
Fix from FT support:

There's a problem with Holdem Manager where it moves your Language files from their directory when it imports hands, thus causing all of the text to be removed from the game. To solve this, change your HEM import settings for Full Tilt to point directly to your HandHistory file instead of the Full Tilt directory.

As a result of this, the text in the Full Tilt client will remain missing even if you turn off HEM afterwards.

You will need to reinstall the client afterwards to get all of the text back as well.

If you have saved player notes in the software that you don't want to lose, follow these three steps to back up this information first:
1) On the "Start" menu, click on "My Computer".
2) Select your main hard drive (usually "C:"), "Program Files", and "Full Tilt Poker". If you saved the software to a different location than the default directory when you installed it, go there instead.
3) Locate file called "[YourPlayerID].xml". The text in square brackets will be your actual Player ID on Full Tilt Poker. Copy this file and paste it on to your desktop.

Please reboot your computer and follow these nine steps to reinstall the software:
1) Click on the "Start" menu and select "Control Panel".
2) Click on "Add or Remove Programs", select "Full Tilt Poker", and click on "Change/Remove" to uninstall the program.
3) Delete the file called "Fulltiltsetup.exe" from the location you saved it to when you installed the software.
4) Click on the "Start" menu and select "Run...".
5) In the window that appears, type the following in the text space: regedit
6) Click "OK".
7) Expand the "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" folder and then the "Software" folder. Locate the "Full Tilt Poker" folder and delete it.
8) Expand the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" folder and then the "Software" folder. Locate the "Full Tilt Poker" folder and delete it.
9) Reboot your computer.