PDA

View Full Version : database problems

ads
08-31-2010, 10:31 AM
I recently had some problems with my laptop that required it to be reformatted, and was in the process of rebuilding my database (by reimporting old HHs that I had backed up to an external hard drive) when my new database encountered some problems. It first began when I wasn't able to start hem up - I got an error message each time. After a couple of restarts, I was able to get back in but noticed that large chunks of my database were missing - for example, the number of players I had stats on was now roughly 14,000 when it had been >250,000 before the error messages appeared.

I checked to see if my own personal hands were still in the database and, thankfully, they appeared to all be there. These were my main concern and I was glad that they appeared to survive the problem. However, when I attempted to import hands into my database (both old HHs saved in folders, and auto-importing new hands I just played), it would list 100% of them as import errors and they wouldn't be added to my database.

I thought it might be a good idea to export the HHs of this database into my hard drive and reimport them into a new database. However when I attempted to import them, after a while I got the error message:

ERROR: XX002: index "handhistories_pkey" contains unexpected zero page at block 0.

When I attempted to export the hands into my hard drive in smaller chunks (via the hands tab, right click -> export hands to hard drive), I got the same message. In fact, it appears that I cannot view or replay any hand history in my database, simply nothing happens when I try to.

I have since created a new database for my recent hands and have been using this with no problems so far. I would really like access to my old hands and to somehow have my new and old databases come together. If there's a way of getting the hand histories from my old database and then reimport them onto my new one that would be ideal. It is mainly my own hands that I am concerned about.

Regrettably I have deleted many of the hand histories that I had backed up - since they were in various folders and unorganised, I deleted them as they were imported into my new database - with the intention of exporting all the HHs once the database had been restored and backing them up that way, before the original problem surfaced. Unfortunately I don't know what the original error message said as it only appeared 2-3 times before holdem manager started again.

I hope I have described everything clearly and we can somehow resolve this - if there's any further details required please let me know.

Thanks, ads

fozzy71
08-31-2010, 10:52 PM
All you can do is import the hands from your archive folders and export any databases you have to text files.

Make sure windows is fully updated and change your Windows Control Panel > Regional Settings Format to English (USA).

If you play a site like stars/ftp you can email their support and ask for all your old hand histories and tourney histories/results.

*Now import a small portion of your \HMArchive so you can see if the problem exists in the new DB - FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: How to Import & Export Hands (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/98/How+to+Import+%26+Export+Hands)

Your \HMArchive is likely not in your \Holdem Manager directory. We normally suggest you use C:\HMArchive, but you may have put it anywhere.

To verify the location: Options > Configure Auto Import Folders > Edit > Archive Folder: ___________________

FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Warning: You have XXX Hand History Files in your Auto Import Folders (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/119/Warning:+You+have+XXX+Hand+History+Files+in+your+A uto+Import+Folders)

The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HMArchive\2009\07\31).

*If the new DB seems to work properly, you will want to import the rest of your archives to the new DB, export/import the hands from the old DB to the new DB, and export/import any player notes and tourney summaries - and then delete the old DB.

*Make sure you export/backup everything before deleting the old DB - FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Reinstalling on a new PC - Backup Tips (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/372/Reinstalling+on+a+new+PC+-+Backup+Tips)

ads
09-01-2010, 09:54 AM
Thanks for your fast reply.

Basically, exporting the old database into text files is exactly what I've been attempting to do, but for some reason it is not allowing me to.

All settings are updated and as they should be. The new (2nd on this computer) database is working fine, but unfortunately not all of the hands from the old one are in c:\hmarchive (a few are, but I had previously deleted some of the old ones to save space on my hard drive, with the intention of exporting the entire database once it had been completely restored to an external hard drive).

I have begun requesting HHs from full tilt but I'm not sure how far back they are able to provide for.

Thanks for your help - if you have any idea why I can't export hands from my old database I'd be willing to try anything. The exact error message when I try is:

ERROR: XX002: index "handhistories_pkey" contains unexpected zero page at block 0.

Patvs
09-01-2010, 11:52 PM
Error is a sign of a corrupt database.
You can try to reindex the INDEX: handhistories_pkey

But it's best to just create a NEW database and reimport the ORIGINAL handhistories.
Full Tilt saves every hand you've EVER played