PDA

View Full Version : Please Advise: HEM has been auto importing hands for DAYS....

baglife
08-30-2010, 07:09 PM
Hello,

I recently set up a new computer. I had Pokerstars email me my hands so I could import everything into HEM on the new machine. Well it's been auto-importing for over FOUR days. What is going on here? I'm only importing 300,000 hands or so.

These are the sort of messages that come up in HEM as the importing is taking place:

1) 1 of 47 parts of a large file have been processed........ (it then processes all 47

2) Found 5 files to process.

Files Imported 2 of 5 Estimated Time: 1 minute

Hands Imported: 0
Duplicate hands: 0
Import errors: 0
Incomplete hands: 0

3) 1 of 64 parts of a large file have been process........

It just keeps repeating and processing files. At this point enough is enough. Is there anyway I can stop HEM from importing these files once I select auto-import. I just want to be able to play again, and I want HEM to only pick up hands as I play new sessions.

Any input would be much appreciated.

Larry222
08-31-2010, 12:13 AM
I was importing hands since i just upgraded to windows 7 and couldn't get the HM to import very fast, it keep locking up. I don't know if this is your problem or not but my computer was set to shut donw my hard drive every 20 minutes. With large files I leave my computer on. I changed my settinngs to not turn off my hard drive and then I could import the large files overnight.

Patvs
08-31-2010, 02:20 AM
-1 don 't use the auto import but the "import from folder" on such files.

-2 read:
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/11194-top-10-hem-performance-increase-tips.html

Changing the Power Options (to never shut down the harddrive) larry222 suggested is a valid point.

Also make sure logging it turned off by editing the postgresql.conf file. (and reboot)

leedungarees
09-24-2010, 04:35 PM
i am having the same exact problem,,, how did you end up fixing it ?

Larry222
09-24-2010, 05:39 PM
Once I turned off the "shut down hard drive after xx minutes" Then I could import from the folders link in HM. After you upload the hands you can turn back on the settings if you want.