PDA

View Full Version : backing up hand histories

lateshiftx
08-30-2010, 02:35 AM
i just set up hm on a second computer while my other computer is being fixed.
HM on the new computer does not seem to recognize me as no hud stats appear when i play and no hand histories appear or results appear in the tourney data windows.

also, once it is running, will i be able to access my previous hand histories and if not is there a way to import past hand histories into hm on the new computer?

thanks for any help offered.

lateshiftx

netsrak
08-30-2010, 07:04 AM
FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Reinstalling on a new PC - Backup Tips (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/372/Reinstalling+on+a+new+PC+-+Backup+Tips)

The auto-import archives hands in an archive folder (default c:\hmarchive). You can copy this files to a new computer and read them via import file or import from folder.

lateshiftx
08-30-2010, 01:30 PM
i currently have the hm archive folder stored on an external hard drive. do i need to import it to the c drive of the new computer or can hm manager import the hm archive folders directly from the external hard drive?

lateshiftx
08-30-2010, 01:36 PM
also,

when i play (on ftp) no hud stats appear and afer the session no results appear in the tourney or cash windows. when i go to the select player window and enter my screen name and hit select, nothing happens.

Patvs
08-31-2010, 01:59 AM
HM can read it directly from the external drive..... but it may be faster.. if you just copy the hands to you main harddisk.

In Full Tilt--> options--> handhistory options--> make sure it's SAVING your handhistories..