PDA

View Full Version : Notes window is very laggy and loses focus a lot

deafsheep
10-24-2008, 05:35 AM
Hello

I'm using Hold'em Manager 1.06.04 beta 14 in one of Ongame network skins.
The HM notes window (notepad-like) is very laggy (it "hangs" for about 0.5 sec every 2-3 secs) and loses focus anytime anything happens on tables, so if you start typing something, it is kinda problematic, because you should keep an eye on current focus, and not just type straight.
Anybody has same problem?
My PC is not slow - Core2 Duo + 2Gb RAM so I think it's not due to PC configuration.

fabio
10-24-2008, 05:40 AM
We are aware of the problem, it's because of the ongame tables popping up although the popup on action is disabled - I would suggest, that you move the note window to a free spot on your screen and then write your note for now.

deafsheep
10-24-2008, 06:47 AM
We are aware of the problem, it's because of the ongame tables popping up although the popup on action is disabled - I would suggest, that you move the note window to a free spot on your screen and then write your note for now.

Yes, this helps a bit, but still it loses focus (cursor lost and typed text does not get typed), so...

Is this problem solely lies on ongame client? You think there is not possibility to somehow override the loosing of focus?

fabio
10-24-2008, 06:56 AM
You can try enabling Force Ontop under HUD Options -> Table preferences and see if that helps you

deafsheep
10-24-2008, 07:44 AM
You can try enabling Force Ontop under HUD Options -> Table preferences and see if that helps you
OK I will try, thanks.

Something came across my mind (some techhical programming stuff):
When I am at another application (non-ongame and non-notes window), ongame client pops up, my app does not lose focus, so maybe the problem here is that Notes window is created as a child of ongame table window (which is quite logical from the HUD's point of view), and this is why it loses focus? Maybe you should pass this to developers so they check on this.