PDA

View Full Version : hand replayer does not appear!!

BaMM!!
08-29-2010, 07:23 AM
Hi!

The hand replayer does not work. When I double click or right click "replay hand" nothing happens..

Windows Vista
COMODO Firewall
avast! Antivirus

I tried it also with switched off firewall and antivirus...

screen resolution: 1280x800

Thanks for your assistance!

netsrak
08-29-2010, 10:19 AM
1. close HM
2. create a backup copy of the file config\holdemmanager.config
3. open the original file in a texteditor like notepad
4. delete the 2 lines with the following settings:
setting name="ReplayerSettings" ...
and
setting name="ReplayerSkinToUse....
5. save and exit
6. restart HM. The lines in the config file will be recreated.
7. Test the replayer again. If it still doesn't work you need to reinstall HM with a fresh configuration.

BaMM!!
08-29-2010, 11:36 AM
Hi netsrak

Thanks for your advice!

I followed the instructions and nothing changed. The hand replayer is still not working..

What is meant with "reinstall with fresh configuration"?

titibxl
08-29-2010, 02:23 PM
Hi,

I have the same problem.

I tried to uninstall & reinstall but it didn't work.

Where/how do I find this file ?

Thanks for helping.

Job2do
08-29-2010, 02:44 PM
Also having this problem. Using Vista/Comodo/Avira. I followed the steps posted and still didnt work. I uninstalled and reinstalled and nothing seems to be happening when i right click or double click replay the hands.

netsrak
08-30-2010, 09:11 AM
Please schedule a remote support session with our support. Email support@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread and your forum name, so we can setup a Teamviewer (http://www.holdemmanager.net/teamviewer) session.

BaMM!!
09-07-2010, 02:29 AM
Uninstalling COMODO Firewall solved the problem!!

lrdthoms
10-16-2010, 01:35 PM
I'm currently having the same problem. I go to click hand replayer and nothing happens. None of these solutions have worked. Please help this is very frustrating.

Patvs
10-16-2010, 06:18 PM
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Please update to the latest beta -
http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Holdem_Manager_Beta.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

GLun
10-29-2010, 02:28 PM
I'm currently having the same problem. I go to click hand replayer and nothing happens. None of these solutions have worked. Please help this is very frustrating.

+1 i think it started after a windows upgrade.. (windows 7 here with UAC disabled) i dont know what else i can do..

Onyx
10-29-2010, 03:15 PM
+1 i think it started after a windows upgrade.. (windows 7 here with UAC disabled) i dont know what else i can do..Me too, problem began after a recent windows update.@ Patvs, is latest beta way to go, or does this problem require a further fix?

Onyx
10-29-2010, 05:57 PM
Me too, problem began after a recent windows update.@ Patvs, is latest beta way to go, or does this problem require a further fix?
FYI further to the above, I run Windows 7, avira AV (premium), & windows firewall. When I right click to replay a hand I get no response whatsoever, no error message etc., Is this likely to be fixed by a release, or will I have to uninstall & start from scratch?

Onyx
10-29-2010, 06:13 PM
1. close HM
and
5. save and exit
7. Test the replayer again. If it still doesn't work you need to reinstall HM with a fresh configuration.
pps
This worked for me! Anyone with similar problem, give this a go.

Onyx
10-31-2010, 03:24 PM
pps
This worked for me! Anyone with similar problem, give this a go.Spoke too soon, this only restores replayer for single use. Once I close it, it stays closed unless I repeat the steps above.
I have e-mailed support, but if anyone has any suggestions would be pleased to hear, want to avoid re-install if possible:confused:

largevodka
11-03-2010, 02:29 PM
Hi, I'm having the same problem. I have Windows 7 (x86), AVG firewall and running on a netbook (N270 Atom processor). I looked at the "knowledgebase" and this says that the replayer won't work on a netbook!!! Sorry, but this is not good enough for an otherwise highly rated product. Is this going to be fixed?? I just migrated from PT3 to HEM for functionality and would have expected the replayer to run on all systems!! Please let me know when this will be fixed. Thanks.

netsrak
11-04-2010, 12:23 PM
The problem is the low screen resolution of most netbooks. We know about this but i can't give you any ETA when or whether it will be fixed.

largevodka
11-05-2010, 12:09 AM
Ok. Thanks. I understand that netbooks have a lower/non standard resolution. Please advise when you have a permanent fix. Thanks again.

In the meantime, I have found a workaround. For those interested the workaround is as follows (for netbooks users only with this specific problem!!!). You can try this at YOUR OWN RISK and I would NOT advise anyone unfamiliar with computers/registry editting to give this a go!!

1) Save current registry to desktop!!!
2) Run regedit
2a) If you are not on highest tree level, go to him (by clicking on “Computer” from key tree)
3) Search and modify all values “Display1_DownScalingSupported” from “0″ to “1″
4) Restart the system
5) Enjoy the two new resolutions: 1024×768 px and 1152×864 px

AGAIN, PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A WORKAROUND AND YOU USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. Having said that I am using it on my laptop right now and quite like the "squished" resolution on my Asus 1005HA netbook...with hand replayer as well :)

BartKoozler
12-22-2010, 07:52 PM
I'm am having this problem now. I've been searching the forums for an answer.

Is there a definitive one?

This has all happened after I had to un-install, and re-install HEM after I got a message about a "Root Element" missing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

BartKoozler
12-22-2010, 08:52 PM
Also, for what it's worth, when I start the importer, it now says that I need to put "cards.pno" or something like that in the Holdem Manager folder.

I looked in the folder, and the "Cards0" file is there already????

Patvs
12-22-2010, 10:49 PM
Try to reinstall HM using the 93 mb full installer @ http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/Holdem_Manager_Setup.exe

JHTAN
01-02-2011, 01:46 AM
1. close HM
and
5. save and exit

I fail to open the holdemmanager.config.:( Help!!! Thanks

http://d.imagehost.org/0628/PG.png (http://d.imagehost.org/view/0628/PG)

The Minder
01-02-2011, 02:26 AM
Select the second option "Select a program from a list..."

Then select 'Notepad'

Edit: You will need to close Holdem Manager first I believe.

JHTAN
01-02-2011, 03:59 AM
Select the second option "Select a program from a list..."

Then select 'Notepad'

Edit: You will need to close Holdem Manager first I believe.

Thanks, it solved.:)