PDA

View Full Version : Tips to make HUD less congested

whitstick
08-29-2010, 12:01 AM
I have been having troubles playing with a HUD my tables are too congested, I can't see anything. What are some tips you guys employ to make your HUD box smaller so you can at least see the action? Perhaps I have too many unnecessary stats.

The Minder
08-29-2010, 01:38 AM
How many stats are you displaying?

You may not care to follow my lead, but for cash games I have 2 rows for a total of 8 stats. For tournies, half the time I turn the HUD off... if the HUD is on it is 2 rows for a total of 7 stats. No table averages displayed.

whitstick
08-29-2010, 03:45 AM
How many stats are you displaying?

You may not care to follow my lead, but for cash games I have 2 rows for a total of 8 stats. For tournies, half the time I turn the HUD off... if the HUD is on it is 2 rows for a total of 7 stats. No table averages displayed.

I usually played tourneys, more of the MTTSNGs. Yeah I believe I have too many stats, I have a total of 11 on 3 lines. I will uncheck Table Averages, and do most ppl Disable Hero? Also, thanks for your response.

The Minder
08-29-2010, 04:12 AM
I usually played tourneys, more of the MTTSNGs. Yeah I believe I have too many stats, I have a total of 11 on 3 lines. I will uncheck Table Averages, and do most ppl Disable Hero? Also, thanks for your response.
There is a great deal of debate on this forum about hero stats during an MTT/SnG so I won't get into it except to say that personal choice is a wonderful thing (and I have hero turned off in HM).

Also, many of the cash game type stats really have little use in MTT/SnG. When was the last time you saw someone 5-bet or even 4-bet in a tourney? My philosophy (fwiw) is that most tourney decisions are made pre-flop with whatever's left decided on the flop... so stats in that area are of greatest importance. The only exception to this, imo, is WTSD and/or W$SD.

I agree that table space is limited. I'd suggest using the minimum HUD font you're comfortable with and try positioning the stats over areas that may not be as important as you think, eg villain's name or avatar on the basepod. Who cares what his name is... just kill him :)

My 2c.

whitstick
08-29-2010, 05:36 PM
There is a great deal of debate on this forum about hero stats during an MTT/SnG so I won't get into it except to say that personal choice is a wonderful thing (and I have hero turned off in HM).

Also, many of the cash game type stats really have little use in MTT/SnG. When was the last time you saw someone 5-bet or even 4-bet in a tourney? My philosophy (fwiw) is that most tourney decisions are made pre-flop with whatever's left decided on the flop... so stats in that area are of greatest importance. The only exception to this, imo, is WTSD and/or W$SD.

I agree that table space is limited. I'd suggest using the minimum HUD font you're comfortable with and try positioning the stats over areas that may not be as important as you think, eg villain's name or avatar on the basepod. Who cares what his name is... just kill him :)

My 2c.

Thanks for responding and the tips. Yeah I think I'll have to put more basic stats, even 3 bet/fold state in MTTs will not acquire a huge sample size. If I want to get more details I guess I can always just double click the HUD and get a more granular breakdown.

Is the minimum HUD font 8? Seems that's as low as I can get it.

Also I guess it's hard to play overlap with HUDs as it'll get crowded. I usually minimize and overlap on my screen, as a result, all the HUD windows get bunched up and I can't even see the action. I'll have to experiment around, thanks for your recommendations.

netsrak
08-30-2010, 08:35 AM
You can enter smaller font sizes like 6 manually by overwriting the 8.